My Most Expensive Bass , Long walks and a lot of Patience

Cobiaaddict

Hey Guys,

I’m Normally not one to Write up large reports or even tell Many stories about captures of my fish,

But I have had one Fish from a certain Location Evade me for More years than I Would like to Say, I have Been walking & casting around North Pine Dam For my 1st NPD bass For Approximately 8 years,

Finally after Many Different Locations, Walking 11 Km’s (Round Trip) & losing 5 x jackals Sunday Morning, I managed my 1st NPD Bass at approx. 45-47cm’s

The Conditions were terrible with the average weather & the 20-25knot Sou’easter Blowing hard all morning making casting and Retrieving all that more tricky,

Finally I got One & Ill hopefully be back for more in more favorable conditions.

The Fish Was Released after a Quick Photo

post-10096-144599089071_thumb.jpg

Cheers Josh ><>

That's the definition of dedication for you.

Great fish.

Something that may save you some more Jackals if you not already doing this. You could remove the middle treble and replace the rear with a single small jigging hook facing up. Most times the hook will ride or hop over the snag without snaging. If it does snag don't pull it into the snag and most times you can jiggle them off in most cases with small jigs of the line, letting the line loose and tight by dancing the jackal via the rod tip. Hard to explain but it has saved me going it no snags many a time. If it doesn't move from there you try the Hodgy flick or bow & arrow flick.

Here's a guy i use to fish with demonstrating it.
/>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9qpsuBiCJc

Keep up the good work.

Archived