Finally some real fish

Binder

Well another wet day on NPD, not as bad as Saturday, but some pretty good showers rolling through. The Tilapia scourge continued in my shrimp pots, but probably only a dozen or so in each, even the couple in a metre of water. Not a lot of shrimp about, which in the end limited the amount of fish I caught.

Went down stream and tried one of my marks down the bottom end. To my delight I was straight on to a nice bass, followed by a nice yella not long after. Then the nursery rolled in, a steady supply of fish coming over the side of the boat for the next two hours until I ran out of bait, but over half the bass I caught were under size, biggest of the day was just shy of 39cm.

But just nice to be catching Bass and Yella's instead of having to resort to vermin eradication to put a bend in the rod.

Also kept Percy the Pelican filled up with a good amount of spangled perch going his way. He was really jumpy today, barely coming close enough for me to throw the fish to him. I reckon someone is giving him a touch up when he comes looking for a hand out.

Biggest Yella

post-11051-144599092797_thumb.jpg

Biggest Bass

post-11051-144599092807_thumb.jpg

Only double hook up of the day, these were pretty representative of most of the bass caught.

post-11051-144599092814_thumb.jpg

Archived