Great Straddy Times... 17th & 18th Jan 2015

Angus

Well I wanted to get this up tonight as I have been slack on the report front (big one due from Christmas just have not got pictures off the camera).

Most pictures this weekend were taken by others and went straight to facespace so I have ripped them from there (sorry in advance for some insty style filters).

First morning up at 4.30 and one of the better sunrises I have seen in a while...

post-63-144599094363_thumb.jpg

This turned out to be an exciting but un photo converting session. Hooked a Spanish that without talking like a fisherman was up there with the biggest spanish I have seen. In the gloom dad and I actually both called it for Marlin when it first jumped just to exacerbate the sheer size of the thing. The fight was ok and the gear held well but after 3 big jumps and 3 long runs it snipped me... I was about to put in a frowny face but do you know what..? It was pretty awesome!

After the point dad and I were still keen to bring something back for breakky so hit Deadmans for a session. Managed 3 dart and a bream and a breakfast of avocado and fish on toast was sorted.

post-63-144599094371_thumb.jpg

After that my sister and wife expressed an interest in a chilled out day on the beach and rocks catching some fish for dinner. No serious point fishing for them so down to Frenchmans we headed and the going was good! Landed over the course of the day I do no know how many dart, some bream, queenie like fish, small but hard fighting blue fin trevs x 4, and a decent painted morwong that went hard on an Areal.

Highlight was my sis getting her first plastic caught fish... A nice little blue fin trev (I have not seen them there for 5 years by the way but when they are there they are in big schools...)

post-63-144599094377_thumb.jpg

post-63-144599094392_thumb.jpg

Queenie things...

post-63-144599094385_thumb.jpg

Dart were mostly good size and awesome fun on light gear and plastics...

post-63-144599094398_thumb.jpg

Hook up shot Tanya took... This was the Morwong.

post-63-144599094407_thumb.jpg

After a solid sleep it was back to the stones to try again at dawn.

I did not get my big spanish back but won the consolation prize of a littel kingy (63cm) and a decent school mack.

post-63-144599094414_thumb.jpg

post-63-144599094424_thumb.jpg

Overall pretty awesome weekend and I cannot wait to get back!

Angus

Great weekend by the look of that, Angus. But I was a little concerned at first when you said "After that my sister and wife expressed an interest in a chilled out day on the beach" until I realised you were talking about two different people. :lol::lol:

That comment has got to be worth a 'strike' Angus. Come one, we haven't had one for a while (that I know of anyway) ..... He's a noted troublemaker!!!

Look at those little trevally, they are amazing spanish baits Angus.

Next time over there get them out under a balloon and you will see some awesome spanish fishing off the stones if they are there.

We have booked our house for our annual straddie trip in July so hopefully you can come over this year and have a fish with us all.

Nice work of the rocks.

Didn't think that dart were to keen on the plastics, great to see.

Mate dart love plastics. Catch way more on plastics than on bait. They are really a very predatory fish. They hit smaller chrome as well. Def one of our most underrated sports fish on light gear. Once they get around the 40cm mark and you are using the gear I usually use for them (7 foot rods 1000 size reels) you have a real fight on your hands.

Angus

Stop taking holidays and get those other photos up with another great report. :)

Always good photos and read. I must get on that new thing called face book one day.

Mate not so much holidays as work and study. Vacation care is my busiest time and I study externally in a Trimester so this is my assignment period. Nordic orders have been going great as well! Everything keeping me busy but I will try and get the other report up tonight.

Angus

Great weekend by the look of that, Angus. But I was a little concerned at first when you said "After that my sister and wife expressed an interest in a chilled out day on the beach" until I realised you were talking about two different people. :lol::lol:

You guys move in some interesting circles if you feel the need to clarify in a sentence that "misc family member and partner" are two separate people :P

Archived