Visiting Australia Port Douglas

ocean46

Planning our first ever trip to Australia mid to late April starting in Port Douglas. Would greatly appreciate some help and suggestions for fishing in Port Douglas. Would love to fish for a bara and GT but not sure if these are viable in April. Mostly I'm an avid (obsessive) beach surf caster and backwater fisherman on Long Island NY for stripers and blues, however, its been a dream to topwater pop for a GT. If anyone knows of an inshore, off shore guide or open boat to recommend it would be incredibly appreciated. After PD we are going to Brisbane to visit friends and then drive on the left side down to Sydney. Any fishing opportunities around Brisbane and the drive to Sydney ? Will likely bring a couple of spinning reels and pickup a 7 1/2 rod in AU. THANK you

Regards,

Stu :)

G'day mate and welcome to the site.

Mate I am always happy recommending this operation.

/>http://www.reelchasecharters.com/index.php?id=3

Check them out. Feel free to drop my name. Website is good but I will call and talk directly to get the most suitable experience. They have expanded a lot recently and have a few boats doing different things. GT's are up there for them and they have a new smaller barra chasing boat.

They also do a trip to Princess Charlotte bay where you can do both.

Cheers.

Angus

Angus,

Have just emailed Port Douglas Sport Fishing. Reel Chase Charters looks amazing however I'm traveling with my wife and unfortunately (or fortunately) she doesn't fish. Wish I had the mates with me to share a multi day trip. Saw Mark Bergs trip on TV aboard the Nomad, that's a trip Id like to do if I had people to share the charter. BTW, how is April season for fishing in Queensland ? Thanks again Mate.

Regards,

Stu

Archived