first fish in my yak

James W

well i was on the water by 6.15am...was bouncing some eyeball bio's which i purchased off the AFO shop around the bribie bridge in search of my first fish on my hobie yak...second drop and i was on...hahahaha:laugh: a grinner!..wow..what a way to break my no fish hoodoo on the yak!....a start none the less...20 or 30 grinners later:ohmy: ...i decided to make a move..trolled the edge of the weedbanks just south of the bridge and was getting a pike every 20-30mtrs...kept a few for bait and then went to buckleys hole...was getting choppy byt then and i managed one more grinner...so i went back to the bridge trolling the pink yo zuri hardcore that i was getting all the pike on in the weeds and scored bout 6-7 more on the way back to the bridge....put on a white eyeball bio and was working it thru the pylons of the bridge and i was on...thought it was a bloody grinner again till drag started to ppel off....great i thought..a fish!....a little tussle around the yak and i broke in my enviro net too...a nice little flatty..49cm....a few more grinners later and then a snag i headed off home...am now eating the flatty with the missus:)

my first fish on the yak:blink: [img size=336]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PA200333.JPG

post-180-144598429776_thumb.jpg

Well, I must admit I was getting a giggle out of you're fruitless prior efforts, in much the same way I used to giggle at Frank Spencer, but good to see you broke the duck. One last giggle - had to be a grinner.:laugh:

Good quantity of bait too - maybe that'll see you get towed by a big one next trip:woohoo:

Mack_attack wrote:

Jimmybob: did u keep that grinner to get it framed?:lol: Or was he just kept for bait

:laugh: ..nah mate...i need some crab bait for the new crab pots i have just scored...doubt crabs will touch the buggers thou...but the pike i like using for strip baits..they are ok:)

i was using a pretty heavy jig head to get it down fast and stay deep in the current...and on the drop the action in the eyeballs was great..a real nice wiggle down..i reckon they are going to be great snapper sp's....i really liked the whitish ones to...sort of has a pink twinge to it in side..

rocket- yer mate i find pike a good strip bait for flathead and squire..the bribie locals reckon a live pike send back down under the bridge will have ya hooking up to a nice jew or big cod....but i just cut the buggers up:P

Archived