Hervey Bay for Anzac??

melrichsin

Sussing out any interest, me and a couple of mates are planning a blokes' trip for the Anzac weekend- possibly drive to Urangan on the Thursday night/early Friday before heading across the bay to set up for a couple of nights at Rooneys.

We would have 3 in my 19 footer, but if an interested group were keen Steve may consider driving his Hilux up the island with a couple of eskies and a few jerries of 95 as a base camp.

Both Steve and I have been on this site for the last couple of years, but work commitments have meant not much chance of participating... so we would be happy if anyone is keen to come up- we can raft a couple of boats together and share some long tales over a beverage or 3

Friday 24th April Urangan ramp to Rooneys, then out to Breaksea if the weather plays nice

Sunday 26th back to the ramp with (hopefully) some nice fish in the esky and a 3-4hr drive home.

UPDATE-

We have 2 4x4's running up Fraser from Inskip with some jerry's of fuel, camping gear and eskies.

Strangely enough nobody else wants to bring a boat up to join us.

Looks like neap tides for the weekend and hoping to float either side of Breaksea for a varied selection of species.

Any and all are welcome- we can carry a few more jerry's if you are keen

Latest update- 3 of my mates are keen as to run their 2 of 4x4's up the beach, but my deckie now can't get off work for Friday.

Thursday night we will drive up to Gympie and get a cabin for the night, with the 4x4's leaving for Inskip and I will tow the boat to Hervey.... launch my boat at Urangan around 6am, they will try for the 6am barge to run up the beach.

I now have a deckie spot available- prefer an openminded friendly type- yes it is a fishing trip but it is more about a few days off work with no BS in between. Me and my 3 mates are all mid 30's and involved in the pipeline industry together, keen for a laugh and a few drinks..... with hopefully some good fish!

Not looking to make money on the situation- contribute for fuel, bait, and group food, BYO alcohol.

Archived