Tuna to mud crabs

Luvit

Headed out last night with my neighbour to see if we could convert the Mac Tuna into some mud crabs.

It is good bait for crabs and we did 3 drops with 8 pots and caught 9 legal crabs. 3 we let go that were empty and the neighbour took 2 home and left me with 4. Going to have them this afternoon.

post-11868-144599106425_thumb.jpg

Got out prawning a couple of weeks ago and scored over 5 kg so together the crabs will make for a nice seafood platter.

• 2 weeks later...

Mac tuna are never let go on my boat. The fillets are top dog food and the frames the best crab bait going!

Any oily fish frame such as tuna, mackerel, trevally, kingfish, AJ, tailor etc works a treat for crab bait. That's if you can stop the dog getting to the frames first...

post-2244-144599107539_thumb.jpg

Nice catch Wayne, shame about the grubs at the ramp though. I turned some frames from that day we talked about into 20 sandies the next day. Crab sangas for a week!

Mac tuna are never let go on my boat. The fillets are top dog food and the frames the best crab bait going!

Any oily fish frame such as tuna, mackerel, trevally, kingfish, AJ, tailor etc works a treat for crab bait. That's if you can stop the dog getting to the frames first...

Nice catch Wayne, shame about the grubs at the ramp though. I turned some frames from that day we talked about into 20 sandies the next day. Crab sangas for a week!

Exactly what I do with mack tuna Benno, my dogs are on a sole raw diet so any fish is a good healthy variation to their diet. Mine get mack tuna, longtails, tailor, bonito, pike, grinners, squid flaps and heads. The fish that I do eat they get the frames.......spoiled little buggers. :)

Archived