Tailor Techniques

curranboy99

Hi

I need some help with tailor I have tried before and read heaps of magazine articles on them but never can get one. I have tried fishing in the surf at bribie heaps of times and tried kawana beach as well but never have hooked one. I was thinking about fishing with mullet flesh on a 1/0 hook with 20LB mono leader at high tide do you think this will work or do u have a better idea?

curranboy99

Thanks everyone

I'll try the ted smount platform soon it looks good but its such a long walk with fishing gear but i'll try it when i can :)

I will try the 4/0 circle with the bonito and try some slugs in the surf really soon but i just don't know where to get the bonito from i used to get it at the carseldine bait 'n' tackle for bream and dart but they have apparently closed so i don't know where to get it from. (and i have been reading your threads Damien2Rad and there great but there is always heaps of comments on them so i don't post)

Thanks kmcrosby78

+ will a 6'6 2kg - 4kg graphite spin rod with 10lb braid be able to cast a half pilchard or a chunk of mullet or bonito out to a gutter or hole and able to cast 10gram - 25gram slugs? because that is the heaviest outfit i have (my other is 4lb)

Archived