Dohles Rocks Boat Ramp Security,

rayke1938

Response from council re boat ramp security,

Good afternoon

Thank you for your enquiries regarding the use of CCTV cameras at boat ramps and your request for new CCTV to be installed at the Dohles Rocks boat ramp.

Currently Council operates CCTV cameras near boat ramps at Deception Bay and Clontarf that provide some coverage of associated car parks.

Council and Police records show insufficient crime or antisocial behaviour reported for this area. As such installation of CCTV at this boat ramp is not justified at present, however, Council will continue to monitor in liaison with Police.

Please contact me on 3282 0262 should you like any further information in relation to Council owned and operated CCTV cameras.

Regards

xxxxxxxx

Principal Public Safety Officer

Council and Police records show insufficient crime or antisocial behaviour reported for this area.

What a crock of shit lol.

Maybe they should spend one night hiding in the bushes, just to see the amount of arse hats

I reckon deepwater bend is more in need being a larger area and not beside a suburban street like Dohles Rocks is.

It certainly would be great to have there though.

I would be more than happy to pay for a yearly fishing licence that goes towards funding projects like these along with many other aspects of the fisheries department that could do with some extra coin.

Something like $20 a year would be completely worth the money in my opinion if it made the fishing experience more enjoyable. It would mean better facilities at ramps, more fisheries officers patrolling and therefore more idiots being caught for doing the wrong thing.

I have no idea how a system like this would work but I would be very happy to see something along those lines put in place for now and for the future.

Only way to get anything done is to report every incident to police and council.

My complaint to council was about the deepwater bend ramp and somehow they transferred it to Dohles Rocks ramp. I rang them and they said the same response applies to both ramps.

I have inquired to Redlands Council and BCC about security at ramps in their areas. Still waiting for BCC response,

Here is response from my local Councillor.

Good morning Ray,

There are no security cameras in public areas that are provided and monitored by Council. I proposed security cameras in certain public areas two years ago however that failed to gain support. The reason being is that the Gold Coast Council gave a presentation of their security camera system however the cost to operate is any millions of dollars per annum.

I believe if the Queensland Police Service wanted cameras then Council would consent to the use of Council land and poles however the operation would be a cost for the police.

Regards,

Mark

In my opinion the provision and monitoring of security cameras in public areas should be the responsibility of the police department and not the local councils.

Cheers

Ray

Archived