South Pine River - 26/07/2015

curranboy99

Fishing Report 26/07/2015

I arrived at the Strathpine boat ramp at about 11.00am. I was using a 6'6 2kg - 4kg Graphite Rod with a Abu 2500 Reel loaded with 6LB Berkley Fireline in Green with a rods length of 4LB Fluoro Leader tied by a Albright Knot, i knew low tide was going to be at 11.54am and the wind was a 2knot NW. The first lure i used was a Squidgy Pro Wriggler 100mm in Bloodworm on TT Headlockz Finesse 1/0 1/6oz i would cast it down tide and did 5cast with a slow draw retrieve then 5casts with a hop hop retrieve then 5casts with a rip rip retrieve and had no success.

I then changed to Berkley Gulp 2" Sand Worm in bloody on TT Headhunters #2 1/8oz as the tide went into a slack stage i was using a hop hop retrieve as well as dead sticking on the bottom for 10seconds and started to notice small bait schools bust up around the boat ramp. About 12.00pm i hooked my first fish after a very slow first hour and it felt like small bream the way it was making headshakes and trying to run but it was a toadfish about 10cm long (it was a surprise since how hard it was going) i caught a 4more and i ran out of gulp worms and tied on a Berkley Gulp 2" Crabby in Black on the same Jig Head and my first cast i hooked a PB Toadfish (didn't get a photo :( ) but it made the reel chirp twice and after that i ended up leaving at about 12.30pm and having lunch

One of the toadies

post-15079-144599115198_thumb.jpg

Beautiful Day (notice the cloud on the water)

post-15079-144599115212_thumb.jpg

Archived