Summer Camp Feb 2016

Angus

So the idea was bandied around the fire at Winter Camp to chuck out a date and idea for a Summer Camp next year.

Initial concept was to use the camp site next to the boat ramp at Urangun Hervey Bay.

Proposed dates... 5th, 6th, 7th of February.

Idea would be to get as many guys together, tow a bunch of boats up. Fish. BBQ. Beer. Pretty straight forward while at the same time somewhat fool proof :P

Hervey Bay is a big place so no limit on potential. The evening share should be really insightful as well.

Looks like I will tow Henry's boat up so that is two to start.

Proposed location is the Camp site/ Caravan park shown on the below map. Although this is ages away would be good to get some idea of numbers early and maybe we can book out a section of the park...

post-63-144599116734_thumb.jpg

Hope to see you there :)

Angus

Sounds like a cool idea.

Another concept (and this trip is still totally on the drawing board) was to camp a couple of nights on the island as a group.

Would be pretty rad waking up and being right there.

Angus

That's a great idea! I'd be defiantely keen for this. Lots of good fishing options up at Ronnies. We have our own personal tour guides too. Luvit and Samsteele. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Luvit said:

Now I have both brothers and my father flying up. Will be a family affair. 

How many others are able to make it?

Sadly no. Had a deckie spot and all. But I do my study in trimesters and exams have been scheduled for that Friday. It is a pain of a system actually as dates are not locked in till late in the term making it very hard to forward plan.

I know Sam is still going. Possibly with James as a deckie now.

• 2 weeks later...

Being back at Uni also, I was up in the air as to whether I'd get up to HB. After consideration, I'll be up there. Staying with the old man at Booral, 10 minutes from Urangan, I'll be fishing out of his boat. Be heading up Friday, winds not looking good, what's everyone's plan when up there? 

Archived