Kedron Brook Floodway - 15.08.2015

curranboy99

Fishing Report - 15.08.2015

I arrived at the Kedron brook floodway rockwall just before 8.30am it was overcast with a slight westerly wind creating some chop on the water surface I knew high tide was going to be at 10.00am so I would be fishing the run in. I started fishing live bloodworms on a Mustad Fineworm #6 Hook with a 4LB Fluorocarbon Leader and a #0 Ball Sinker above a #12 Swivel. I had no success for about an 1hour so I walked up towards the mouth past the dog park.

I fished in front of some mangrove trees at the high tide mark using the same setup. I felt plenty of small bites but failed to hook up. About 40mintues later from arriving at this spot. I had some harder bites and I striked and felt a lot of hard headshakes and I had to let the fish take some line but I managed to land it and it was a decent sized whiting :cheer: it was at least 30cm and was very happy after lots of unsuccessful trips. I had a quick photo taken and released it. I kept fishing for another 1hour and caught one tiny toadfish but no other fish and ran out of bait. So I packed up and left around 11.45am happy

Curranboy99

(The whiting I had caught)

post-15079-14459911744_thumb.jpg

Nice work, cb. A few more of those and you would have a great feed. Where did you get your live bloodworms from?

Thank you. I get the live bloodworms from Sandgate Bait and Tackle it might be called bremer tackle but it is about 100m down the road from the racehorse complex. The old man that owns it always has live bloodworms there even at 3.00pm in the afternoon and I have been going there for years. It is a great little bait shop

Archived