Last Cod session for the season.

Stutz

Hey all, I truthfully totally forgot about this forum until tonight. But I'm back now

So anyway, had a nice little session the other week so thought I would share

After fishing the condamine for nearly a year and donuting everytime I figured why not try the hole again?

So I set off this morning with new kayak in the back and a orange and purple Kuttafurra tied on. (dropped 3 fish on the dumaresq a week or so back so wanted to try it out again)

And, once again. This hole has brought back my love for the Condamine River. 3 fish in a matter of 40 or so minutes. First one actually broke my rod from about the 3rd eyelet from the top, but i decided to still fish, and I'm glad i did!

First fish went around the 60 mark, not a bad start

Pump%20hole%2060_zpsbmeyqzcg.jpg

Not even 10 minutes later I was on again, with the same lure, but broken rod. This one would have been about the 75-80cm mark

pump%20hole%2078_zpsqyomi9ea.jpg

Then after dealing with him, I put in another 4-5 casts and came up hard on this sucker, Felt he was alot heavier so was doubting my rod was going to hold up, thankfully it did. He would of went the 77-82ish or so. Was struggling to hold him up.

Pump%20Hole%2080ish_zps27o4pjjm.jpg

So I think that is a good way to break in the new Kayak

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcTJ8BSk43I

Thanks for reading.

Stutz

Did u have a paddle leash? haha just watch it slip away...Nice fish also, murray cod are on my list to target...wat pound main and leader u use?

Haha nah I actually didn't, i ended up about 30 meters away once i released the fish then had to use my net as a paddle haha.

I was using 30 pound braid with 20 pound leader, i normally fish 40 pound leader in the Condamine but this hole doesn't have to much structure in it.

Archived