New to Sea/Bay fishing

Fexy

Hey

Finally escaping the rivers after purchasing a larger bay/sea boat but am clueless when it comes to anything outside the river.

I have done a fair but it research into locations,gps points and fishing types but am thinking I would benefit best from either a guide/charter or jointing a fishing club to gain some local knowledge. Around north Brisbane if possible

Can anyone give me any reccomdations ?

Thanks!!

It can be a bit overwhelming if you don't know where to go when you first start fishing the bay. The best advice I got was to target a particular type of fish and go from there. That will cut out a lot of water and narrow down your options to a handful of places that species is regularly caught (unless you're an idiot like me who enjoys chasing tuna that can literally turn up anywhere in the bay.) good luck

Thank you both for the advice, all the locations i have been given are around peel and mud so I think i will do some exploring, half the fun discovering new area.

I have also been told great things about Hutchies, ill venture out there once I have a few more days experience I think.

So I take it clubs are not so popular up here?

Thanks again for the tips

Archived