Creek bass Sunday

Luvit

I took the opportunity to have a yak with the kids while they are on holidays. We haven't been since last Bass season.

We arrived by 1.30pm expecting to fish till dark. That plan changed quickly when we had BOM alerts coming in on the phone. We managed 2 hrs hurriedly trying to bet the storm and rain and lightning. :unsure:

To make it a little more interesting I put up $10 for the kids for who ever caught the largest bass would win. After 2hrs I still had my ten dollars in my pocket and each time I yelled out I'm on they were not happy. :whistle:

I picked up 3 bass the biggest 37cm and took a couple of quick photos with the Gopro. Caught them on TN60 Jackal as you can see in one of the photos. Great lures but expensive if you lose them.

post-11868-144599124284_thumb.jpg

post-11868-144599124293_thumb.jpg

Will be looking forward to doing some more of this during the season.

When you have singles you can hop them through snags 90% of the time without getting snagged. The other 10% when you do get snagged you can in most cases jiggle it off. Have caught many fish after jiggling the lure off the snag.

I found the trebles have a higher hook up rate but a much higher snag rate.

I think the extra casts into snags increases the extra number of hook ups rather than using the trebles and be constantly going into snag and shutting down the fish on that snag.

Have not lost a jackall for a long long time. That said I would not use them land based.

Archived