Seascape plate boat repairs

dantt

Hi all,

I have a seascape 4.8m plate boat that's in need of repairs to the hull. Basically the problem is a "hook" in the hull running from from the transom forward about a meter. Under way it acts like a giant trim tab forcing the nose down making it unbearable in any sort of chop as you get saturated.

Reason for post is I've contacted the factory, plus 2 other Brisbane based aluminium boat builders and not having any luck with help to get it repaired.

Has anyone had a similar problem before and if so was it fixable? My theory is the problem was caused from not being set up on the trailer correctly pushing the hull up. Way too big of a job to just try and knock it out with a hammer as the dinted in area is quite large. Plus the worst section is in under the aluminium transom making it near impossible to access. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated or possibly contacts if you know any aluminium boat builders that are maybe quiet at the moment and would be keen on a bit of work.

Thanks Binder I've been trying to think what I can put on top of the boat securely to jack the bend out. I may even need to weld in an aluminium beam.

My issue after that is replacing the bent stringers which is way out of my league. Will try and get a photo that shows the issue for anyone interested.

kmcrosby78 I'm fairly certain it is to do with how the boat was set up on the trailer. With the sled or skid style trailers for aluminium boats you still need weight to be held by the bottom rollers on the keel. This thing was purely sitting on the skids and with the big heavy 90HP 4 stroke merc at the back, and driving over bumpy roads etc over the years I'm pretty sure that's the cause.

Archived