2 days in a row.... WHAT!?

samsteele115

Working 6 days a week usually means I only get to fish on Sunday so it was nice to get an extra day off for a change!

Not much to report fish wise from Sunday but it was a stunning day on the water. The plan was to find some surface action and stop at the beacons along the way to hopefully catch a mackerel or two. We went all the way up to Caloundra from Bribie and found lots of bait but no predators feeding! That was frustrating. We saw some mackerel smashing the surface and chased them for a bit with no luck.

Donut saved by a few small reefies and random fish caught off the beacons. So basically was a donut.

We saw plenty of whales inside the bay and along Bribie which was a nice surprise as well.

Today I finally had the chance to take my girlfriend for a fish in my boat. We went to the pine river for a few hours in the afternoon for her study break and the plan was to catch some flathead for dinner. Like usual she outfished me 3-1 but it was good fun nonetheless :P

post-11925-144599125514_thumb.jpg

post-11925-144599125523_thumb.jpg

Shannon reppin the Afo shirt!

Thanks for reading,

Sam.

Sorry about the photos, just noticed that.

Mate we only had a 43cm in the tank and were going to release it (not worth keeping 1) when we drifted in line with a moored boat which we agreed would mean time to pack up when we got there. We got in line with the moored boat after a few hundred metres of nothing and I bring in my line. Shannon hooked hers as she was winding in! Was unbelievable and so funny. Beginners luck. So 2 fish meant dinner :)

Archived