Never give up...

The Mad Hughesy

Heading into my 7th fishing session with zero fish to my name, was safe to say that my confidence was at an all time low...for the past few weeks I had thrown every lure known to man for no fish! I had soaked bait, used live bait, soft plastics, hard bodies, poppers, you name it I've tried it. Fished on flats, multiple dams, multiple estuaries, fresh water, salt water, both sides of the tide, morning and night...for nothing. but I had given myself the goal of landing a fish by the end of the long weekend or is quit fishing and I wasn't going to fail. My spirits were high as on Sunday arvo I had spotted a rather large Saratoga cruising the edges of my local bass spot. So I headed back to the same spot today. Covering all options, I had a live worm soaking while throwing around a spinner bait. dropped one fish on a worm, but managed to pick up this healthy looking bass on the spinner bait. Words can't describe the feeling of finally braking this drought. Moral of the story kids? Never give up

What's the worst drought you have ever gone through?

post-3924-144599125531_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144599125544_thumb.jpg

post-3924-144599125551_thumb.jpg

Very nice mate!

7 sessions with 0 fish is really challenging!

I cannot put a perfect figure to it but I have had some shockers at straddy. People assume it is just shooting fish in a bucket over there as when the reports are good they are great... However I have done a week stint over there with a couple of tiny fish to show for it. Usually the weather does this as entire places and techniques can be shut down. Now being over there for a week, that is possibly up to 3 sessions a day so in all can be very demoralizing when its like that.

Angus

Archived