upgrade issues

rayke1938

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎5‎:‎32‎:‎50‎, Luvit said:

Hi John I still can't stay logged in on my phone. iPhone 6+, IOS 8.4.1 browser Safari

It working fine on the PC, unfortunately I'm mostly working when in front of the PC so the phone is when I have the time to browse and visit the site.

I have to keep resigning in into each topic when on the phone. At the moment it is not worth using the phone for the site. Is it only me or are others having a similar issue?

cheers

Wayne

Can you tell me if this is being looked into please?

When using the PC the home page loads then after viewing one topic the page stop responding and I'm asked to recover page. Other web sites and forums no problems.

@Luvit It seems like you are reporting two different issues.

Issue 1. Desktop computers remembers your login status and so when you return to the site you don't need to log back in. However, on your iPhone when you return to the site you have to log back in. This currently is the situation. Whilst not necessarily a bug, we are working out if it is possible if iPhones can remember you being logged in. Can other iPhone users and Android users confirm their behaviour please.

Issue 2. On a desktop Windows computer (running we assume Internet Explorer as your internet browser), the website does not respond after viewing one topic. This is the first that we have heard of this issue. Can you please provide more details so we can investigate. Does anyone else experience this?

Yes Admin 2 separate issues. Phone & PC

1/The phone is what I have used most in the past, unless submitting reports where I would then use the PC. It's has been the phone that has been inconsistent. Sometimes it will let me sign in and other times it will not. I can browse as a guest, but then I can not contribute. Today it allowed me to sign in but after clicking on 2 separate topics I received an error message from each topic. 

2/Yes I am using Explorer as the browser and today I even had to resign back in on the PC. This is the first time I've had to do it on the PC even with the remember me box ticked.

I must be the lucky one out of 15,000 + members no one else reports similar issues.

I hadn't had any problems with logging in on the site up until today.  I've also had to log in twice today and I'm on a macbook pro.  

One other thing while I'm on this topic, I can't see any posts from just say Queensland freshwater when I click on "forum activity".  Is this just me or am I experiencing problems with topics from certain categories not appearing?

Thanks, James

11 minutes ago, bersim said:

I hadn't had any problems with logging in on the site up until today.  I've also had to log in twice today and I'm on a macbook pro.  

One other thing while I'm on this topic, I can't see any posts from just say Queensland freshwater when I click on "forum activity".  Is this just me or am I experiencing problems with topics from certain categories not appearing?

Thanks, James

Same here, most fishing reports do not show up in the Forum Activity.

I only see the posts when i read one and see them listed in the latest post box.

Also why cant the latest posts and latest topics be on the front page instead of that status updates and popular contributers rubbsh

13 hours ago, aussie123 said:

I only see the posts when i read one and see them listed in the latest post box.

Also why cant the latest posts and latest topics be on the front page instead of that status updates and popular contributers rubbsh

No need to be rude.

No doubt AFO was playing with the system looking for a fix as I had to re-login today also.

All good since. :thumbsup:

Also I have used my Windows phone today and remained logged in.

Guys this upgrade was a required one, basically upgrade to a stable server or just switch it off. 

There are always going to be bugs and we will work on this until they are gone. 

Constructive comments welcome as sometimes bugs are not even known until reported.

As we have explained many times in the past these bugs will ironed out late at night or on weekends as it is done around full time work and can take considerable effort so please be patient.

Angus

13 hours ago, bersim said:

@bersim We believe this is to do with your cookies on your computer rather than an issue with the AFO site

13 hours ago, bersim said:

@bersim  It appears to us that it is working correctly. Can you confirm that this is what you see? or if not please provide a screenshot.

Forum Activity page showing the latest activity which includes the posts in the Queensland Freshwater category.

564fc10360601_ScreenShot2015-11-21at10.5

This shows that Joe K created a new topic and that there have been 4 reply posts to this topic. This correlates with the Queensland Freshwater category.

564fc1110db28_ScreenShot2015-11-21at10.5

13 hours ago, aussie123 said:

@aussie123 We believe the site is functioning properly. All activity in the forum is displayed on the Forum Activity page. If you believe there is an issue please take a screenshot so we can investigate.

Navigation of AFO is slightly different now on the new platform but it is not broken. The Forum Activity page is the equivalent of viewing Latest Posts and Latest Topics. From this page you can see everything that is going on on the site. We have included Latest Posts and Latest Topics in the sidebar and also below the main area so that you can flow on easily  to keep reading new topics and posts. Technology moves on and AFO gets upgraded from time to time to keep the site up with the times to give our users a modern experience and benefits of the new technology. The site is fast, stable and has many extra features than before. Just like with any change, we are sure after a short time you will adjust and find the new site easy to use. 

Also the Latest Posts and Latest Topics are on the front page! they are displayed in the sidebar on the right.

564fc288a34e8_ScreenShot2015-11-21at10.4

564fc2a410418_ScreenShot2015-11-21at10.4

When in the Forum Activity page the sidebar is slightly different as the Forum Activity page is actually displaying all the latest topics and posts anyway.

12 hours ago, ellicat said:

No doubt AFO was playing with the system looking for a fix as I had to re-login today also.

No we have not done anything. The re-login may be something to do with cookies on individual computers? will investigate further but at this stage would assume it is not to do with AFO site but rather people's individual setups on their computers/browsers.

• AFO locked this topic

Archived