New member, Brissy based.

Skegz

Afternoon all,

Quick intro about me and my fishing. Been fishing from an early age with my granddad, he has taught me a lot of what I know. It's only in the recent years I am returning the favour. I don't particularly have a preference for a style of fishing itself. I more get addicted to the concept of targeting certain fish for a period of time, often I don't control this urge and I can change from chasing say; snapper to whiting in a flash. Love working lures and plastics and get most of my satisfaction from being able to work them well, suiting the environment i'm fishing in. 

My Boat is Stacer 349 Proline Cartopper, which has yet to see the top of my car:D. Though with a recent trip (4WD + Beach Fishing) to Fraser under my belt, it won't be long before its being brought along on many road trips, north and south. 

Luckily, as friends have larger boats. I have been able to decky quite a lot (consider myself a perfect decky after 3 trips on a new boat:lol:) and managed to cross off a significant number of species. Although most of my fish have been caught in the tinny or landbased / beach fishing. I love getting out on the open water and have done a lot of scuba diving and recently my first spearfishing session, only managing to get couple of nice lobsters and squid on the way up. (not even a shot taken as size can be very warped under water)

Have caught on the fly, flicking slugs off the rocks, micro-jigging, hardbodies and soft plastics, recently landed from surface hits, love drifting reefs and structure, have done all forms of baiting - cast netting for prawns and live bait is a bit of past phase at the moment as well as crabbing. But going on long walks for bass always makes a nice weekday afternoon :fishing2:

Fished mostly everything a few hours north or south, and The Bay of Islands in New Zeland (PB Snapper), as well as a charter of Darwin (PB MULLOWAY). 

go by the saying. "It's not what you catch, but how you caught it". 

love a good drag scream

love the ocean, if its pulling fish out of it, diving into it, or surfing on top of it.

Just gotta get wet and stay over it!

Thanks for reading, 

Aaron

Archived