what a day!!!!

squeak6969

so i know i might seem like the envy of some of you at the start of this thread but i doubt i will be by the end.......i was one of those luck people that was able to have the day off today and make the most of the beautiful weather and lack of wind and take my boat out onto the water. so any way to begin this story i braved the wind and waves last night and dropped the pots off the southeren end of coochie to leave over night and hopefully come to a good haul this morning. i got 3 keepers!!!!the rest were all under size of jennys from 4 pots!. not one to be detered that eaisly i rebaited them and dropped them again to check later in the day. and off i went. headed to the top of the east coochie artificial reef and drifted down a couple times. not a single hit. so i took off again in light of better grounds. went to an old faithful spot off macleay and once again no luck. after a while there the wind picked up a little and not wanting to capsize my newly refurbished boat i decided to head back to the southeren end of coochie and try fishing around the bouy. usually good for at least a small catch....today nothing so i pulled up what i thought was my anchor only to find rope and chain. not only was i on a doughnut but now i had lost my anchor aswell. that was my breaking point i decided to grab my pots and head for home. get to the first pot pull it up and jennys.....this is not my day i was supposed be the envy of the masses now i was gna feel ashamed to report my day and thats when i felt the bang. i had drifted unknowinly onto a sandbank. well i could see my other pot in walking distance so i jogged up to get it also empty. now with the tide out i was stranded for 5 and a half hours until the tide came in high enough for me to get out.

12243367_10153504046658381_2463285145265

so i used my time and worked the banks and lo and behold i caught a legal bream. only just legal but legal none the less. i was off my dounght. still in an awarkward situation but i had a score on the board. without so much as another hit for the rest of the arvo the tide started comming in fast and i was watching and waiting in anticipation. very red and sunburnt i was free again. pick up my last 2 pots and scored another 2 sandies and in the final pot a nice big thick fat muddy. so today wasnt a complete waste after all. here is my haul.20151124_181131.thumb.jpg.8acdf1ff96a48e

Archived