shimano sedona FE?

curranboy99

Hello

I've got a rod which is a shimano fishquest 602 2kg - 4kg Spin Rod that doesn't have a reel on it currently and was looking to put a new reel on it loaded with light braid for whiting, dart, and bream.

And was wondering if the Shimano Sedona FE 1000 is any good or is waste of money? I've looked at it in BCF (thru glass) and seems to have a good drag, nice handle, and is small and light and was going to put Berkley Nanofil 4LB Line on it.

Any info or opinions would be much appreciated

Cannot go wrong with Shimano. You get what you pay for, of course, hence the reason Shimano builds reels to all budgets. I caught my first barra (60cm) on a Sienna, which are a lot cheaper then the Sedonas, and still have the reel. I've caught more fish on it, then I have my Stradic(go figure).

Keep it washed and clean, and I'm sure it outlast the 10 year warranty they have. And by that stage it'll hopefully paid for itself a dozen times over in memorable fish.

Great value for money reel mate especially in that 1000 size. I think quality becomes more important as you go up in reel size for much bigger fish. Kingfish, tuna and GT's to name a few will break cheaper reels, estuary bread and butter species won't. As long as it is smooth that is the most important thing, and the sedona is.

I own two sedona 5000 FDs and they seem to be a really sturdy reel.  They've caught longtail and mac tuna and are still as good as new.  They don't have the same feel as something more upmarket like just say a stradic but for the price they're hard to go past.  If you treat them well then in return they will last you a long time.  Although I don't have to I basically give them a short service after every saltwater trip.  It keeps them running smoother for a lot longer I've found.  And plus it keeps them shiny and looking brand new which is always good!

James

Thanks for your input tybo, sam, and james. I will definitely put the shimano sedona FE on christmas wishlist from santa :D

I also wash, clean, and give my reels a oil after every session and have a abu carndial 2000 ($27 cheapy) which has lasted me around 3 or 4 years doing this and i'll do the same with my new reel as well!

Archived