Pine River Bream'n - 5.12.15

curranboy99

Hello, a quick report for my last fishing session

I got to the pine river at about 9.30am with a packet of mullet fillets, and a big container filled with chook gut. I was using two setups 1. being 6LB braid -> (2m) 10LB fluoro leader -> sz1 ball sinker -> Surecatch sz2 Bait holder Hook baited with chook gut, 2. being 6lb mono -> sz1 ball sinker -> sz12 swivel -> (60cm) 4LB fluoro leader -> Surecatch sz2 Bait Holder Hook baited with a mullet strip. 

Low tide was at 11.00am, there was constant 10knot SE wind with 20knot+ gusts. And I fished thru till 12.30pm and caught a 20cm Bream, and a 25cm Bream both on setup 2 and were released to fight another day.

(20cm Bream)

56626095ad35f_Afobream1.thumb.JPG.8fe527

(25cm Bream)

566260c770e85_AfoBream2.thumb.JPG.c228c2

Thanks for reading, Curranboy99 :) 

Try keeping the gut on ice/cooled and you won't have a problem with it deteriorating so quickly. Good work. Keep at it mate.

The more you handle bream, the better you will become and eventually won't need anything but your hand. Even I get the odd impaling from the dorsal fins when they still flip out, but it is a lot better for the fish.

Cheers.

Thanks Alex, i'll put the gut on ice next time if i get it again (which i will)

Hopefully i can catch then handle then release more bream, as fishing for them more has really made me change my view of these great fish and finding them more enjoyable than whiting fishing (thought i would never say it), to me everything is a plus about these fish besides the dorsal fins! :)

Archived