Best Bait For Logan River Bullies

nmiln21

Hi everyone,

Wanting to go bull shark fishing this weekend at the Logan river (land based) and I'm wandering what bait to use. I've got a shimano stradic with 12lb line will that be a good line strength to battle one of these beasts. Any help will be appreciated thanks.

Live bait is always good, otherwise a lump of pike eel is the favoured dead bait for river bullies. But mullet is a good standby.,

Mad Mullet did some great video's a while back, one of which was land based bully fishing, and probably the Logan as well. There is also a great article by Neil Schulz on fishing for bullies in the archives as well.

Someone more dexterous than I with the search function might be able to find links for you if you cant find it yourself.

• 3 years later...
On 29/12/2018 at 7:16 PM, buzzard said:

For live bait I use cat fish up to 8 inches in length or Tilapia. Never fails me. Fish the last couple of hours of the incoming tide...

shark.jpg

hey Buzzard where about in the Logan are you fishing?? under the motorway there or in the vicinity?

On 01/01/2019 at 12:40 PM, buzzard said:

Has anyone fished up around Woodgate just South of Bundy. Going in one week and never fished there. Taking Kayak and Diving gear.

I google earthed that area a few years ago and it looks so good. It will be full of sharks. 

The best bait by far is a chunk of eel. Just find any freshwater creek and chuck a hook with some meat on it and you are a great chance of catching an eel or 4. Cut a big chunk off it and you are set to go. 

Good luck. I hope you catch a few and can send us a few pics 🙂

This thread was one we did a little while ago where we caught a few. 

Archived