Currumbin /Tweed River Fishing Report 30/9/15

Oggy174

Headed down to Currumbin early this morning, I tried out my new sugapen lure to target whiting with no success, millions of small whiting and toadfish along the shore but no hits of my lure from the bigger whiting :(. I throw out acouple of rods and a handline baited up with abit of mullet to try my luck on that I got some decent hits but no fish jumped on the hook sadly. Decided to make tracks and try a new place, headed down to the tweed river to try my luck there. It was weedy but I decided to try my luck, first cast and pulled in a good size flatly only for it to snap my line just as it was coming. That's 2 broken lines from 2 decent size fishes in my latest fishing trips, luck must not be going my way. Bites but no fish for another 2 hours then pulled in a decent size bream but no photo sorry 

On 30/12/2015 at 1:22 PM, Albinus said:

The Tweed is a great fishery when it's on fire. Just remember the different size and bag limits in NSW.

And from memory you need a NSW fishing permit as well. But anyway you must be going thru some bad luck at the moment and the bad luck will soon change into good luck, i can guarantee that. Just keep on persisting and there will be some monsters waiting to be landed!!

Archived