Last Tailor Bash 2015...

Angus

568451a93c164_2015-12-3019.16.44.thumb.jWell we managed to squeeze another session on yesterday afternoon which was good as at this mornings dawn session the tailor, bait and birds seem to have moved on. Anyway with so many landed we decided to really scale down the gear and have some fun...

So with an arsenal of Nordic Stage artists and areal pros we hit the rocks. Dad stuck to his Nordic Stage Scout. We all bagged a stack of fish again including some decent 45cm models. No monsters but on the light gear every fight was drag screaming fun.

5684515e3e29f_2015-12-3019.18.15.thumb.j5684516a73e2a_2015-12-3019.19.58.thumb.j5684517a09199_2015-12-3019.18.47.thumb.j56845196a18f0_2015-12-3019.17.26.thumb.j

With the wind the way it was I was surprised that the fishing was as good as it was, with that one protected stretch of beach. It was a shame I couldn't take the boat out more, but the two sessions I did were awesome and so was the beach fishing as the backup option. 

Thanks for allowing me to join you and your dad on a few of those awesome sessions! Had a great time. 

Back to reality now but hope to sneak out for another fish tomorrow :)

Keep an eye out for a 21ft Formula glass boat with 250 Suzuki Sam - came to the sudden realisation that we should be using Dad's boat a hell of a lot more and with spotties all over the bay what better time to start. Less fuel, Dad doesn't have to get up mega-early (in fact tomorrow we probably won't get to the Manly boat ramp until about 9:30-10am but we'll be staying out til about 5pm) and it will give me some good experience of learning the bay (up til now I've really only done Mud, Peel and the Measured Mile in the bay) before I upgrade.  Let's hope the spotties (and hopefully longies - greedy hey!!) are hungry tomorrow!!!  Will keep an eye out for you.

21 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Keep an eye out for a 21ft Formula glass boat with 250 Suzuki Sam - came to the sudden realisation that we should be using Dad's boat a hell of a lot more and with spotties all over the bay what better time to start. Less fuel, Dad doesn't have to get up mega-early (in fact tomorrow we probably won't get to the Manly boat ramp until about 9:30-10am but we'll be staying out til about 5pm) and it will give me some good experience of learning the bay (up til now I've really only done Mud, Peel and the Measured Mile in the bay) before I upgrade.  Let's hope the spotties (and hopefully longies - greedy hey!!) are hungry tomorrow!!!  Will keep an eye out for you.

Didn't see this til now, saw a few boats that fit your description. I had a drive around today, no tuna but a few spotties. Could not get close enough though! They seemed very flighty which seems to be rare for them because usually they are really aggressive. 

Got a school mackerel and my decky hooked a nice fish off Bribie but don't know what it was.  

We didn't even look like catching a fish today unfortunately but nonetheless was good to familiarise with they bay more. Had a look behind Green Island first up (and dropped 4 pots in just to gauge success - none ......) then Hope Banks, then up past Harries, 4 Beacons and then beacon hopped to Tangalooma where we jigged some yakkas and big herring. Didn't appear to be anything chasing them and none of them got hit on the jig so with time running short we decided to go to Curtain for the 3pm high tide change but no luck there either. I think some bonito came to the surface there for a while - Michael hooked one but dropped it.

The wind picked up in the arvo and it was quite choppy heading home. Annoying saw a decent pack of birds working off in the distance behind Green Island (where we'd just $#@%ing driven through ......) whilst we were collecting the remarkably clean (and empty) crab pots but it was 5:50pm and very choppy and couldn't see anything breaking the surface so thought we'd better not get in too much trouble from the women folk .......

Without giving too much away, can I assume you were north of me? Kept an eye out but didn't see your Renegade.

Archived