Bellmere Butcher Motorkhana 25/11/07

Feral

My car club (Northern Districts Sporting Car Club) are holding a grass motorkhana on the 25th of November at the Farm Fantastic site just north of Caboolture. It is called the

Bellmere Butcher Motorkhana

Normal cars are able to enter, persons 12 years and over may compete.

These events are what is termed a non speed event, the idea is to maneuver a car around a marked course in the quickest time possible, but there is no straight more than 100m, maximum speeds reached are generally below 60 km/hr.

So if you have kids 12 years or older you want to safely introduce to driving, or are one yourself and reckon you could talk mum into letting you compete, have a look. With kids, generally an adult will be in the passenger seat, which is generally mum or dad.

Details can be found here

/>http://www.ndscc.asn.au/index.php?p=4_5

You may have noted I have bought an old car specifically for these events, to teach my kids how to drive in a safe environment. My son wont be 12 in time for this event, but I can drive the event myself and have him as my passenger.

Funny you should mention that Brian, I was giving calum (eldest son) a run down n the car, (his mother is away this weekend ;) so the mighty charade might see some quiet back streets!) and Alex already new what all the pedals were, how to change the gears etc, Calum only had the vaguest of ideas!

Archived