fishin with the devil

James W

well i had a long weekend last weekend and the monday after the hinze trip i headed to a weedbank that is 5mins drive from my joint. I was armed with one rod and 2 lures.Thge lures were tassie devils one in the yellow wing an the other a ruldoph. Secondcast and i was on....after a nice little fight in came a flatty approx 40cm. it was realesed. [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/yellowwing57.JPG

post-180-144598400376_thumb.jpg

timbo....mate i find a nice steady slow retrive has the lure doing its thing (wobble) just off the bottom.if its spinning youre going too fast.You can use the wire with the treble that comes with the lure but i find threading the tassie on first threading a luminous bead on then a treble works a treat for me.And if a fish like a flatty or tailor are doing there head shakes the lure itself just slides up the line while the treble stays conected to the fish...if you want to do a faster retrive just put the tassie on upside down.mate give em a go over some sand flats and a flatty will smash em..im keen to give em a go over a nice rock wall now that i know cod dont mind them... [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/14k.jpg

post-180-144598400392_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like this report has been up for quite a while. Only just found it then! Sounds like a pretty dam good day. Even if some of the fish are just Pike it definately keeps you entertained. What I can't believe is that little Pike getting snapped up by something bigger! How big was the Pike that got eaten?

Tassies seem much cheaper then other lures. Even when you take the beads and treble hooks into account they still work out cheaper per lure.

Troy

Archived