Baffle creek (26-29 october 2007)

reef_raider

hey guys

had a recent trip to baffle so heres the report

headed up around lunch time friday and with the 5 and a half hour trip we arrived just before 6pm to be greeted by the very friendly owners of Baffle Bobs caravan park.

Eager to get in the water with a weekend of fishing ahead of us we sat back, prepared the rods and had a drink.

saturday morning came around and we were in the water around 5, was a while before we managed a fish and the morning session wasnt really good with only 4 small fish landed, 2 small cod and 2 small fingermark.

The decision was made to take some livies out for the afternoon... that didnt really help only landing one small fingermark.

Sunday we were up at the same time out to get some more live bait and off we went. arrived at the spot and wasnt too long before i was onto a nice fish, brought it in and it was a nice fingermark which measured 46cm, after a few more small fish we were out of livies so back to our trusty spot to get some more... headed back to the same spot where i got my finger mark and managed a few small ones and then dad hooked up to a nice 80-90cm longtom before managing a nice findermark which measured 44cm, a few more small fish and it was time to head in for lunch.

After lunch headed back to the same spot where we managed a few more small ones before dads mate who was with us managed a nice fingermark at 47.5cm. i managed to hook a turtle in the size of the shell which was a good fight.

all in all was a pretty fun weekend away with a nice fish for each of us.

also saw an amazing thing, sunday morning there was cows on one side of the river and in the afternoon they were on the other side and we had a joke that they must have swum across, and sure enough, about an hour later the walk to the water and swim across

sorry about the long report but i hope you enjoyed it.

thanks, reef_raider

jake

p.s. will post pics soon

jeff f wrote:

cant beat baffle bobs mate

did you have a swim in the pool? it's like swiming in sparkling mineralwater

nah mate didnt go for a swim, we were going to but too much fishing to do... did you know they are selling the park? bobs not too well i think he may have had a stroke and he relies on his wife to do everything

reef_raider wrote:

jeff f wrote:
cant beat baffle bobs mate

did you have a swim in the pool? it's like swiming in sparkling mineralwater

nah mate didnt go for a swim, we were going to but too much fishing to do... did you know they are selling the park? bobs not too well i think he may have had a stroke and he relies on his wife to do everything

sad to hear there were allways good to us

and generous with the nectar from bobs still

Archived