Seq Suburbs Of Origin - Round 1 - May 20-22

The Mad Hughesy

4 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Nice work, Kelvin!   Good on you for braving the cool night air while most of us were in a nice warm lounge room drinking red wine and watching football.  Hopefully the judges will overlook the geometric confusion of your symbol, with a line inside a rectangle inside a circle.  I should have lent you my specially selected colour picture of spongebob square pants that never had the opportunity to make an appearance.

You have set the mighty Southside up for a victory. Let's see the northsiders' response today.

Cheers Steve - it was actually very pleasant out there. I wore shorts, shirt and rugby jersey the whole time. Got the tailor early and then they fired on the outgoing later on.  Oh and that 'line' inside the square-ish rectangle is a due by date (honey pot lid ....) :)  Yep, hoping the squire holds on and then see if Damo has upgraded the tailor for us.

Stretch the Bass set by Dino for the northside by by 3mm :) (every bit counts when you're up against those tricky southsiders) Claim it at 413mm evened out between the flukes. Caught NPD today.

Plenty of fish to be had, just no real big ones about, although nice for the majority of the fish to be well over legal, which is a nice change from recent trips to NPD.

aaaentry 413 bass.jpg

Sorry to say I didn't have time for a fish this weekend.  Being in grade 12 and 3 weeks from exam block, maths c and physics were a higher priority.  Hopefully a few other northsiders will pull us through.  Should be able to fish the next origin though.  Some good fish have been caught even if some of them were caught by southsiders :sick:

Went down yesterday and every thing was looking up! Birds, bait, bust ups! After a few casts of nothing much happening, a quick move resulted in my mate Kane getting a good 45cm tailor first cast! You beauty! I thought, I remained fishless, my lure receiving only one bump, while people on all sides of me landed the odd tailor, small mackerel and one fella even pulling in a big mac tuna from between the flags off the beach!!

Damn, no love for me :(

1 hour ago, lanks said:

Getting ready to play our victory song here at home. .... we are the champions,

We are the champions.......

Haha, I was singing Bohemian Rhapsody with my boys in the car on the way to his Kindy on Wednesday morning :)

2 hours ago, ellicat said:

@benno573 and I are ready to help bring the Southsiders home next round.

Good stuff - I almost had a heart attack when my phone started ringing (Ted on phone and Brian on Skype - a three way think tank .....) on Sat night. Was worried it would scare off all the fish, but obviously not!!

Archived