What Bait?

bigtez

A mate and I are going to have a go at some sharks on Saturday night in the Pine for the first time since we were 14. I thought I might go out to the Reefs around Scarborough in the morning and get some yellowtail pike to use as dead bait in case we luck out on getting some livies. Would the yellowtail be ok for bait or should I go and buy something else?

Mate frozen pillies for the tot to chew on, that will relieve the teething pain! Also get them used to smelling like a fisherman! :)

Seriously though there used to be a product called \"Infants Friend\" best thing going for colic or teething (rub on gums for teething, dip dummy in for colic) Can use it from 1 month old. Otherwise anything cold or frozen (not the deep freeze, it will remove skin on a baby)

Terry,

If you know a spot where you can jig or net some large herrings (5\" +) grab a couple dozen and bung them in the freezer for dead baits. Even though they may be a small bait the little noahs love them.

You may have to put up with a by-catch of lizards and school jew though.:( :whistle:

Archived