AFO Swap Meet & Squidding: 13th August

Angus

Evening members,

It has been a while since we have had regular informal socials and I think it is time to look at doing some. Activity is at a 3 year high and new members are joining daily so some face to face engagement could be good.

When: 13th August

Where: Wynnum Boat Ramp  (end of Glenora Road).

Time: 10:00am (allows for a fish before and after if desired there are a lot of squid at green island only 2 minutes from ramp).

Why: To catch up with old members, meet new members, swap/sell some unwanted gear.

Please start some banter if interested because as always interest begets interest.

I have a large collection of lures, and a few rods that will be coming down for a trade or cheap sell.

Angus 

If I can make it to the meet, I'd be happy to show you how to use your new bait caster without getting in too much of a mess. They are fun to use once you get the hang of them but . (It may be easier than you think) I'm sure other members would be happy to help if you bring it along with your rod and a small ball sinker to practice with.

Here's idea for the meet & greet have a friendly bait caster casting comp. 

Ha comp???!!! Give me a comp I might have a chance at lol! How about who can untangle my birdsnest the fastest? I am more than willing to take any advice on offer! I know my problem, didn't keep my thumb on the line... Spinner habits die hard. Not sure a baitcaster is of any real benefit to me unless on a boat or targeting a very specific spot repeatedly...

We have all been there ha,ha

I only use a bait caster for when accurate casting at snags is required. If you don't need that accuracy then maybe a spin reel is the go. If it has the line capacity you could use it for micro jigging from a boat. No casting required :)

@Angus @Madmic @ellicat I can't make it tomorrow anymore sadly!! I have an appt at 9am to sign contract on new house. So wish I could be there to say hey, unfortunately I'll be adulting like a boring old woman. Put some photos up if you guys can!!  I have a few things I was bringing along so would this be an OK place to put them or should I use the other thread @angus?

I'm selling this on Saturday.

Lures - $5 to $15 each or happy to bundle them up for further discount.

Popper pack $5 to $10

Lucanus jigs $10 each or 2 for $15

Tackle trays $5 to $10.

Spotters Droid - halide glass lens - $130

Camelbak motherlode backpack with hydration - $120

Reel - SOLD

Ian

Photo 4-08-2016, 4 51 46 PM.jpgPhoto 4-08-2016, 4 51 53 PM.jpgPhoto 4-08-2016, 4 51 58 PM.jpgPhoto 4-08-2016, 4 52 01 PM.jpgPhoto 4-08-2016, 4 52 03 PM.jpgPhoto 4-08-2016, 4 52 10 PM.jpgPhoto 4-08-2016, 5 00 03 PM.jpg

Photo 4-08-2016, 4 52 07 PM.jpg

On 09/08/2016 at 7:43 PM, Old Scaley said:

^^^  Ooops, my mistake.  

Yeah it is Saturday. Due to weather turning it on late in the trip i will still be in 1770 sat morning and won't make it. Hopefully enough other people are still keen!

Archived