Rocket75

If you wanted to take someone fishing for the first time, Hinze chasing bass would be a great choice.

I've been down there a number of times now, firstly with the AFO overnight camp / charter earlier this year, and then with Aaron a couple of times.

It rarely if ever dissapoints.

Today was no exception.

We set out for a dawn raid, hoping to throw some lures at any surface action we came accross, & armed with some nice live shrimp for chasing the resident bass.

No go on the togas early, and the wind blew up making surface fishing difficult, so we resorted to plan B, the trusty shrimp.

In quick time, Aaron had left me standing in the blocks and looked to rack up a cricket score in Bradman like time. He was up 5 nil by the time I got my first for the day!

The shrimp prove irresistible to the bass, and the fish we were into this morning were all solid, healthy fish that fought like demons, making a number of runs and peeling drag regularly.

After trying a few likely spots, all holding fish (thanks mr lowrance!), we ended the morning in style with a bass on the last shrimp (to Aaron of course).

The final tally was:

Aaron - 10 bass - 1 catfish

Rod - 7 Bass

All bass were over 30 cm and we kept our bag limit of 4, all over 35cm.

NOTE: for future reference, please be advised that you are NOT allowed to clean fish at the Dam. Apparently this is a long standing rule that we were unaware of until it was pointed out to us today by one of Steve's crew.

A great morning, thanks heaps Aaron for the invite, always appreciated.

Rocket

Aaron and one of his many!

[img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/fish_hinze_Nov_07_002.jpg

post-953-144598431167_thumb.jpg

Archived