Madmic's Fish Of The Month Competition: September 2016

Angus

56 minutes ago, ellicat said:

Sorry Danielle, too much AFO reading to do tonight :D.

@Old Scaley, You'd better get your entry in.

Righto Brian, since all the serious entries seem to have no photos, I will enter the fray.

Angler:   Old Scaley

Species:  Dusky Flathead

Where caught:  Spot Y at the rock wall

When:  Saturday 10 Sept

Size: Length Was a bee's appendage over legal

Weight: Not much

Caught on:  One of Brian's PBs

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Hi all,

Some great catches came in this month for Flathead. It was great to see so many of you getting into the spirit of things and having some fun along the way.

Unfortunately I still cannot view the photos submitted so will have to wait for the new dad Angus before we move ahead this month.

Congratulations to all those who entered and we will announce the winners and this months fish soon :)

Madmic

15 hours ago, Madmic said:

Hi all,

Some great catches came in this month for Flathead. It was great to see so many of you getting into the spirit of things and having some fun along the way.

Unfortunately I still cannot view the photos submitted so will have to wait for the new dad Angus before we move ahead this month.

Congratulations to all those who entered and we will announce the winners and this months fish soon :)

Madmic

I have contacted Webby about this.

Waiting a reply.

Angus

• 2 weeks later...

this is my re post from 10 sept

Gday to all AFO'ERS,  first entry for FOM for me,

Angler: Iain EZY mcknight

Species: Flathead (kayak caught)

Where Caught: Mouth Tingalpa Creek

When: Sat 10th Sept 2016

Size: Length (overall)  55.5cm

Lure: Noeby curl grub 4in white pearl

Other flattie 60cm caught on zman minnowz pink was caught on 31 Aug Fisherman's Island (not to be counted just for fun)

Good luck to all. EZY

20160910_1239210.JPG

20160910_1239260.JPG

Re post

I didn't get out on Father's Day so I got up early this morning and got an 1.5hrs fishing in before work. Only one other boat out was in the water so I quickly started flicking the banks. Had few nudges and then a tailor slashed the paddle tail so things were looking promising. Next I tried a smaller Gobbler curl tail and caught the smaller of the 2 flathead and placed it in the live bait tank. Then stepped up the size of the lure to a 4" paddle tail and the next fish was a bit bigger. It joined the other one in the live bait tank till I finish the session and had to make a dash for home. I could not be bothered cleaning the fish tonight after work so I released both of them. I didn't expect to target Flathead this month but when time is short they are good bet. 

Angler Wayne

Species Flathead

Where Pine River

Size 1@ 42.5cm and 1 @ 51.5cm

Fhead 1.JPG

Fhead 2.JPG

Thanks guys,

Aaahh yes I remember...a number of entries that didn't quite fit the rules. No proper measurement, no thumbs up and a mangled fish. I might cope some flack for this but the rules are there and I really can't go soft on them this month and then not the next...when will it end

This month @Luvit will get the full free lure prize as his entry was the only one that ticked all the boxes.

However if @helibase, @EZY and @timtam_ (on behalf of Tika) place an order i will give you a free pack of soft plastics too for your efforts.

Please guys and gals lets remember to follow ALL of the requirements if you wish to put an entry in the comp :1310_thumbsup_tone1:.

Awaiting backlash :frantics:

Madmic

Archived