Decky Spots NPD Saturday

rayke1938

Be a bit windy but still fishable. Meet at gate end of adsetts road whiteside.at 5.20am.All you need to bring is some tucker and something to drink.

Bring esky with ice if you want to take a couple of fish home.

No smoking no bananas ;

Do you have fishing gear ? I have spare rods and plenty hooks etc. We will be doing shrimp traps first then having a fish.

Binder will also be with us.

My mobile 0403072325.

Cheers

Ray

Thanks @rayke1938 that would be great! I do sharpen my knives with my steel and they are very sharp... But I don't have a filleting knife so trying to do the job with a Chefs Knife was less than desirable lol. I should start a GoFundMe Page for a fillet knife haha!

Ok my video is uploaded to YouTube but it's causing grief and won't open so just trying to complete now!

If you are wanting a technical report on our FANTASTIC day out at NPD then @rayke1938 & @Binder will need to provide the details... I however am providing a snapshot and aesthetic version.

In summary though I had an absolute BLAST and the guys were incredible accomodating and offered plenty of advice and answered all my silly questions and allowed me to get in and get involved.  In total I believe we gathered about 48 Bass 2 Spangled Perch (teensy little things around whiting size) and 1 Yellow Belly. All bar 2 Bass and the Yellow Belly will live another day... The others were taken home and tasted INCREDIBLE!!!!  We headed home around 10am as the wind had picked up but with a haul like that there were no complaints!!

I cannot wait to head out again!  Thank you so much @rayke1938 for the invitation!! I hope I was a worthy Deckie :)

Enjoy the video!

IMG_5199.mov

Thanks @Old Scaley he sure is and he certainly has an excellent set up on board!!!

I MUST make special mention to @Binder for rigging me up in the fancy schmancy style we used as I was clueless... It's so annoying when I have to do it constantly for the kids when they snag on every 5 minutes lol, thankfully it was only twice on Saturday and I will be practicing and mastering this technique mark my words!

10 hours ago, ellicat said:

Pleased to see Danielle had a good day with Ray and Andrew.

Less impressed with the upping of decky food standards though. :devil:

Enjoyed the vid. :)

Mwahahahahah... The ratbag in me now says UP THE ANTE NEXT TIME AND SHOW THEM WHAT DECKYS ARE MADE OF!!!

Archived