Madmic's Fish Of The Month Competition: October 2016

Angus

Sorry guys a couple of days late on this. Did not even realize the month had crossed over with all the baby shenanigans going on!

FOTM Entries - October 2016

The Fish Of The Month for August is: Australian Bass 

How to submit Entries:- Entries must be received by 8pm on the last day of each month. Entries must be in the format shown below (a good idea would be to copy and paste and then fill out for your catch).

Angler:

Species:

Where Caught: (location eg Bretts Wharf or Indooroopilly Bridge etc)

When:

Size: Length (overall) (please note a clearly discernible measuring device must be evident). We realize this will be challenging with a big spanish for example but do your best :)

Weight: if possible

Photo: Attach photo by browsing and finding the photo/s and then when finished writing your entry hit submit and the image will automatically be included.

Unique Item: A number that can be shown on a written card, display of fingers etc:

The Unique Signal for this competition is 

"High Five" (open palm)

Caption/Catch Report: (In the interest of fostering knowledge any little tid bits may be appreciated by the readers)

Bragging Rights: Bragging rights will be available to a potential 3 anglers... 

1. Largest Fish Caught On Bait

2. Largest Fish Caught On Lure

3. Largest Fish Caught Land Based

Thanks Angus, we know your a busy man right now!

Great choice this month, Australian Bass. Another species that every one can have a crack at. If you do not have a licence for our stocked impounds all is not lost. Creeks around the Caboolture area upstream of the weir have plenty of Bass in them from a kayak or even land based. Don't forget the Brissy river upstream and plenty of others as well.

Now you know where you gotta go this month @Danielle

Should i just get @Dinodadog's address now??

Good luck to all and have some fun with it again this month :)

Madmic

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Old Scaley said:

Seeing lots of reports from our bass fishing masters but no entries yet? Saving them up for 11.59pm on the 31st maybe?

I was thinking the same thing. The weather looks to improve for the weekend so maybe this weekend will be it. Don't forget the open palm in your picture :) 

Madmic

Angler:  Me

Species:  Bass

Where Caught:  Cedar creek

When: 13/10

Size: Length 255mm

Weight: about a banana's worth

Went for a quick B/day cast yesterday arvo in hopes of challenging King Ray's smallest fish entry.  The creek had a fair amount of leaf litter on the water, but past that it was nice and clean.  Several casts into likely areas resulting in nothing resulted in me deciding to change ammo.  First cast after the lure change and I was on!  The fish put up a valiant fight, but luck was on my side, and I was able to use the almost non-existent current to win the battle. After happily posing for a few happy snaps , the bass preformed a few flips, unhooking himself, so I took this to mean he was ready to return, and so I sent him on his way.

DSC_0182.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Great catch @rayke1938, a nice healthy looking fish too. 

That fish will be hard to beat in the Boat Bait category. 

So far we have rayke1938 with his healthy fish from a boat on Bait and @Uthrax with his Land based entry.

Both perfect entries but the weather this weekend looks awesome so it's not over yet. Keep those entries coming in and have some fun most of all :)

Madmic

Archived