2016 AFO Christmas Lunch!

Danielle

There was talk a few weeks back about combining this with a swap meet and I figured why not... Hope that's ok with you @Angus!!!??

Excellent idea, if you find some bits and pieces to bring along would be good to post a photo so that if someone likes what they see they can express interest and may have something to swap or bring a few dollars.  Also If you are in the market for a particular item let it be known because someone may just have what you want!

25 minutes ago, Danielle said:

There was talk a few weeks back about combining this with a swap meet and I figured why not... Hope that's ok with you @Angus!!!??

Excellent idea, if you find some bits and pieces to bring along would be good to post a photo so that if someone likes what they see they can express interest and may have something to swap or bring a few dollars.  Also If you are in the market for a particular item let it be known because someone may just have what you want!

I think it is a good idea.

Hot off the press - we will be having a casting competition on the day (so get practicing .... :)). Is there a left-handed member that would be willing to bring a rod and reel to be used (just a cheap one)? I'll bring a right handed one, probably a 2500 size 2-4kg. I'll bring some markers to section off an area so that (hopefully) we don't hit any nearby children (although we obviously can't clear the whole park when it is @ellicats turn .......... :whistle::devil:). Depending on how many kids are there we may be able to have a kids one also.

This just in... I may be able to attend after all... as I am unsure I'll go for the non-catered option at this time.

@kmcrosby78 - left or right handed? Surely you could just change the handle around on any spin combo? Have a cheap-ish combo or two lying around if you need one... Braid only on my reels though?

Surely this is an opportunity for a savvy rod company to bring a few of their rods along to make people fall in love with them...? :P

11 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

BTW guys and gals we're still on the lookout for a BBQ - spoke to Danielle tonight and the MP's ones are proving tricky to secure. Anyone got one they could bring?

The only thing I have is a portable gas cooker that I use on the boat if its a help?

11 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Hot off the press - we will be having a casting competition on the day (so get practicing .... :)). Is there a left-handed member that would be willing to bring a rod and reel to be used (just a cheap one)? I'll bring a right handed one, probably a 2500 size 2-4kg. I'll bring some markers to section off an area so that (hopefully) we don't hit any nearby children (although we obviously can't clear the whole park when it is @ellicats turn .......... :whistle::devil:). Depending on how many kids are there we may be able to have a kids one also.

Danielle take your bait cast net for some demo's. We could possibly incorporate throwing them to catch children for extra points.

Could see if I have an old bait caster combo to use for the older folk. 

I hope you're not suggesting I DO THE DEMONSTRATION! I am already doing the Trivia for entertainment - you cannot be having too much fun!!!!

@Luvit no that won't help at all lol but honestly thank you for the offer!!! I am responsible (and feeling the pressure) for feeding 20  or so hungry men (and hopefully some women) and I need a decent hotplate.  My Mum is going to ask her Church if we can borrow theirs.  I have even looked at buying a 2nd hand one because I'm getting desperate. 

8 minutes ago, Danielle said:

I hope you're not suggesting I DO THE DEMONSTRATION! I am already doing the Trivia for entertainment - you cannot be having too much fun!!!!

@Luvit no that won't help at all lol but honestly thank you for the offer!!! I am responsible (and feeling the pressure) for feeding 20  or so hungry men (and hopefully some women) and I need a decent hotplate.  My Mum is going to ask her Church if we can borrow theirs.  I have even looked at buying a 2nd hand one because I'm getting desperate. 

I will have some beers for entertainment. I have been told that can get entertaining...

13 minutes ago, Luvit said:

You said Benno taught you, so yes we are expecting you to demonstrate.:D

I didn't think it was the answer but I like steak a little more done than raw. If we can't get a BBQ then maybe a change of attack, like rolls and pies etc from a local bakery might get us out of jail?

At a pinch I will make sure we have a BBQ. I have one I can bring it is just not huge for the numbers but we can rotate stuff through.

7 hours ago, benno573 said:

I have just remembered... I have a bbq we bought to take to Bathurst with us sitting in the garden shed. Basic, but should do the job. I'll pull it out and make sure it works. Don't have a spare gas bottle at the moment though. :(

Great stuff, looks like the BBQ is sorted then, cheers @benno573. I have a gas bottle I can bring. @ellicat I'll work out if I'll be there from the start and if not I'll tee up to drop off some stuff to you (fold up table, gas bottle and esky). The esky is 93L and about one metre long so we can either use that or get 2-3 people to bring more 'regular' sized ones.