'Nother Newie

muddy57

'Day all,

just moved, with the missus and tin lid, from down south. Yep, 'nother import. Anyway been looking 'round and trying to get a feel for the local fishing. Haven't a boat, at the moment, so confined to the banks, beaches and jetties.

Heard about Kooka and given it a go a coupla times. First time I've ever come across a grunter. 2.4 kilo's of fish, thought I had something good, but still has to be better than mongrel European carp.

I'm in Carina and would 'appreciate any advice as to reasonably local fishin'. Like chasin' anything that swims in the salt, and would love to get a hook into a decent toothy. Best to date has been a few little (released) bream from the river at Morningside, and the cattie at Kooka.

Thanks all.

Hey mate welcome. Do you mean Grunter Bream? Thats a great fish!

Best advice is to read through some of the old Brisbane River and Creek posts. These are a wealth of information. Also get your self along to one of the many events we have. Everyone is pretty easy going and social and happy to devulge info.

Also check the \"Going Fishing\" section of the threads. There is often spots going on boats for a trip :)

Welcome aboard.

Angus

muddy57 wrote:

Thanx Angus,

I'll bet stuck into the reading, and do me best to get along to some of the events.

As for grunter, I shoulda said 'croaker'. Catfish. Never come across one before, but I now stand educated. Spikey mongrel.

Cheers,

Wayne

Hahaha no worries mate.

One thing we dont have a shortage of here are catfish :)

Mate the Brisbane River Classic is coming up in December. Its worth getting along to. Its cheap to enter and the prize pool will be great. More importantly its great chance to meet a lot of other members from AFO. There is even a Catfish category :P

Angus

Archived