Blakesley's Social Weekend Febuary 24th To 26th

tugger

Will be keen to have a look at it Rob - I'll probably buy one of theirs soon, probably the 12ft. Would have bought one in time for this weekend but hadn't thought I'd be having a serious crack at prawns (was hoping to be chasing mackerel). Did you pick it up from them? A while back when I looked you could get them delivered free on ebay. Of course if you get it delivered you don't get the oppiortunity to have them show you how to throw it .....

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess a few people will be out of comms from now.

Tony and I are heading over dawn tomorrow from Viccy.

Will set up camp to clear out the boat before heading out to fish while we can.

With the winds I imagine we will be finding narrower channels for flatties or hugging the coast up to Dunwich...

We will see.

See you all there.

Angus

14 minutes ago, Angus said:

Will set up camp to clear out the boat before heading out to fish while we can.

With the winds I imagine we will be finding narrower channels for flatties or hugging the coast up to Dunwich...

Sounds fair. this morning looks like light winds. Hopefully tomorrow and Sunday will have light winds in the morning. 

Pumped. 

Loads of bait getting busted up by tuna or trevally right in front of camp looks like white bait jumping clear out of the water. Large area of oyster leasers just to the north of camp to that would hold big bream. There is another group of boaties camping here running the crab pots close to camp also , all looks promising for plenty of fishing and crabbing to be had. Very protected fron the wind here along this intire shore line.

That looks mint and I'm envious I can't make this trip. Mainly because @samsteele115and I have made the decision this morning that in 3 weeks time we will take my new boat North for a road trip. Just putting the finishing touches to the trailer before we go and placing the Scout on the market. It will be sad to see it go.

Hope you all have an exceptional time and catch a fish or 2 and look forward to reports.

9 minutes ago, aussie123 said:

I forgot to mention earlier,I brought a kayak over that anyone can use to paddle out to their boats.

The weather is amazing here and the bay is flat as.

Plenty of fish kicking around out the front as well 

Argh!!!

Cannot wait to get there. Any confirmed ID on what is out there?

What happens to what goes on tour stays on tour? What a great weekend. Man I think I may have gone in with a bit of a mission haha. Those 6-8% beers def caught up with a smashed me! First weekend with no baby in a while. Oh well. Feeling remarkably well all things considered. Back to the real world!

58 minutes ago, Angus said:

What happens to what goes on tour stays on tour? What a great weekend. Man I think I may have gone in with a bit of a mission haha. Those 6-8% beers def caught up with a smashed me! First weekend with no baby in a while. Oh well. Feeling remarkably well all things considered. Back to the real world!

You clearly don't understand the brocode lol

Awesome weekend guys and gals - big thanks to @tugger and @aussie123 for lugging all the gear over and setting it up for our comfort - much appreciated (that was one very loaded boat this morning, even without the kayak :)).

Highlights for me - @Tybo's sensational crab platter

- @Drop Bear's mead (I have now been 'meaded' ....). Oh and @Angus, I'm pretty sure they're a fair bit more                              than 6-8% ....... ;) 

- @Drop Bear's venison - YUM!

- meeting some of the newer members of the forum

- all of the 'ring ins' that came along - great bunch who blended in seamlessly (ie. they like a drink and a chin wag

..........).

Great location and still have to pinch myself that you can go and stay there for free. Will definitely be back with you young fella sometime.  Oh and @samsteele115, I heard that you and @Angus might be fishing off the rocks at Pt Lookout together sometime ....... :whistle::devil:

11 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Awesome weekend guys and gals - big thanks to @tugger and @aussie123 for lugging all the gear over and setting it up for our comfort - much appreciated (that was one very loaded boat this morning, even without the kayak :)).

Highlights for me - @Tybo's sensational crab platter

- @Drop Bear's mead (I have now been 'meaded' ....). Oh and @Angus, I'm pretty sure they're a fair bit more                              than 6-8% ....... ;) 

- @Drop Bear's venison - YUM!

- meeting some of the newer members of the forum

- all of the 'ring ins' that came along - great bunch who blended in seamlessly (ie. they like a drink and a chin wag

..........).

Great location and still have to pinch myself that you can go and stay there for free. Will definitely be back with you young fella sometime.  Oh and @samsteele115, I heard that you and @Angus might be fishing off the rocks at Pt Lookout together sometime ....... :whistle::devil:

Second that Kelvin, it was a great weekend and thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes and hospitality. I'll be more than happy to come along in the future.

Hey all,

Thanks for a great weekend. You are a bunch of funny buggers that like fishing and a chat... and a couple of frothy ones. :)

Ideal.

Thanks @Tybo for the decky spot. 

Awesome effort @tugger and @aussie123 . It made it great.

What a great little camp site. I will be back for sure. And free! and no bookings needed. Bet it get chockers at Easter. 

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

Hey all,

Thanks for a great weekend. You are a bunch of funny buggers that like fishing and a chat... and a couple of frothy ones. :)

Ideal.

Thanks @Tybo for the decky spot. 

Awesome effort @tugger and @aussie123 . It made it great.

What a great little camp site. I will be back for sure. And free! and no bookings needed. Bet it get chockers at Easter. 

All good Robbie, anytime! We'll do it again soon, maybe a run over to the sandhills, chase mackerel and look for razorbacks.

Oh, and thanks for that biltong. I haven't eaten that much jerky ever!

1 hour ago, Luvit said:

Sounds like it was a blast, hope I can make the next one.

The more the merrier. Camping is much better in giant community style gatherings. It's 10% fishing and 90% food,drinks and music so even people who don't fish ,like myself will enjoy it. I only go for the social and to drink poor Angus under the table,or under the shrubs, whatever comes first XD

It was pretty funny turning up early in the AM Sunday with Julian and the first thing everyone said when they got up was "how's Angus?".

The camping site is pretty fantastic and I hope one day I can get my sh** together to stay out for a night and partake in the shinanigans.

Thanks again @demarc for the day trip out. Your rig handles that crappy bay weather amazingly well.

41 minutes ago, Do$tylz said:

It was pretty funny turning up early in the AM Sunday with Julian and the first thing everyone said when they got up was "how's Angus?".

The camping site is pretty fantastic and I hope one day I can get my sh** together to stay out for a night and partake in the shinanigans.

Thanks again @demarc for the day trip out. Your rig handles that crappy bay weather amazingly well.

Julian got it worse. A trip I didn't go to, they wrote **** on his head while he was asleep and sent me the photo's and they were also all over facebook lol

1 hour ago, Bren_nerB said:

Julian got it worse. A trip I didn't go to, they wrote **** on his head while he was asleep and sent me the photo's and they were also all over facebook lol

Jeez you have to pay for passing out but Facebook is a bit rough. AFO is one thing but in certain lines of work you really don't want that stuff out and about. Granted when it is self imposed you cannot do much.

I have plenty of great pictures from well before the night went blurry I will get off my phone and camera this week as well. Some cracking sunset shots and a great group shot late in the afternoon. Also the few fish we actually managed to get!

Did someone say Borumba next?

Archived