Blakesley's Social Weekend Febuary 24th To 26th

tugger

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Hmmmm, think I know what I'm doing Thursday now!!  :)  Cheers mate. Am still yet to catch a bay spottie so a little bit itchy ....

Quite a few spotties getting caught near harry atkinson reef and the entrance to the rous channel look for birds feeding and 40 gram slugs have been the best lately

14 hours ago, Angus said:

Mate get over for sure. These events cement the community feel. Look forward to seeing you.

Thanks angus i just mentioned it to the misso and she seemed keen aswell.

I will follow the thread and probably have alot of questions closer to the date. What to bring and expect and ect.

But very pumped wouldn't mind potentially going offshore and have some experienced fishos lead the way if the rig is capable of it lol

About a week before the social we will post up some details about the Saturday night community cook up.

We normally get everyone to bring an item of food, whether that be a chook, salad or deserts ect and pool it all in for one massive feast before we laze around the fire and have quite a few drinkies. :D

42 minutes ago, chriskeenfiso said:

Thanks angus i just mentioned it to the misso and she seemed keen aswell.

I will follow the thread and probably have alot of questions closer to the date. What to bring and expect and ect.

But very pumped wouldn't mind potentially going offshore and have some experienced fishos lead the way if the rig is capable of it lol

What rig do you have mate? @tugger and @aussie123 will be able to give you a good indication - obviously it will depend on the weather closer to the time though.

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

What rig do you have mate? @tugger and @aussie123 will be able to give you a good indication - obviously it will depend on the weather closer to the time though.

Hey kmcrosby, 

I have a 5.5 meter half cabin tournament, with 115hp on the back. 

That will be awsome mate hopefully the weather plays the game! 

That 5.5m half cab is perfect for running out of SPB.

I havn't checked the tides or the moon yet but Mark always sets social dates with any bar crossings around the tides for safety for everyone.

I am presuming that weekend will be around a tide change at daylight to make crossing a bit safer for anyone not so experienced with crossing a bar.

Hopefully the bar will be good and most people can take their boats out and smash a few fish

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, aussie123 said:

That's awesome Angus, be good to catch up again around a camp fire.

There is plenty of fish starting to show up around the place both in the bay and offshore so it should be a cracker weekend if we can get the good weather

We will be bay bound but thats fine tony loves his light tackle anyway :)

On 1/22/2017 at 4:39 PM, tugger said:

Plenty of reports of mackerel around peel island area through the week just gone with the water temp climbing should make for interesting bay fishing from the camp.

I think I will stay inside. will look for spotties and have a crack at some tuskies and grassies.

On 9 December 2016 at 10:02 AM, Boulie said:

I would love to come along to this to catch up with some old mates, I will check the calendar and if no racing clashs book it in.

Cheers

Azza

Well things have not gone to plan as I am writing from the Cabbo hospital where I am recuperating  after having emergency surgery on the weekend for a ruptured appendix.   I was looking forward to catching up, had fine tuned the jet ski and down sized the camping gear to get it to work together.  Oh 6 week or so now before I will be doing any thing much. Now I will just be looking to reading the reports.

cheers

azza

3 hours ago, Boulie said:

Well things have not gone to plan as I am writing from the Cabbo hospital where I am recuperating  after having emergency surgery on the weekend for a ruptured appendix.   I was looking forward to catching up, had fine tuned the jet ski and down sized the camping gear to get it to work together.  Oh 6 week or so now before I will be doing any thing much. Now I will just be looking to reading the reports.

cheers

azza

All the best Azza. See you at the next one.

Angus

yeah I have my internet working again so sorry I have been quiet lately, now back to the social it all looks good we should have a big crew coming over. Good idea to have a new thread to organise deckie spots and another to sort the tucker out so I will update that this week and see who can bring what to the cook up. Only a week and a bit to go hope everyone is getting is looking forward to this social I will try to answer any questions posted up.

27 minutes ago, nathanr said:

Hi i am new to this site. I am keen to come to the camp at blakesly. I could also bring someone over and all there gear. Who do i need to get in contact with to arrange this? Thankyou

Mate you just did :)

Read through the thread for the timings and info and come join in :)

long time watcher first time poster, looks like this will be a great event, but was just reading that there is a fire ban on for north straddy national park and the camping areas until the 28th Feb :-(, this looks to include blakesleys.  Might see you guys over there, I have a small tinny with a 25 merc outboard.  Hope this ban gets lifted. https://www.npsr.qld.gov.au/park-alerts/14698.html

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:38 PM, richard fisho said:

long time watcher first time poster, looks like this will be a great event, but was just reading that there is a fire ban on for north straddy national park and the camping areas until the 28th Feb :-(, this looks to include blakesleys.  Might see you guys over there, I have a small tinny with a 25 merc outboard.  Hope this ban gets lifted. https://www.npsr.qld.gov.au/park-alerts/14698.html

Bugger!!!  Thanks for alerting us mate - hope to see you there. Wonder if they might cancel the ban early if this rain produces a bit?  Might change our Sat dinner plans a little (or at least require us to bring gas appliances).

Woo hoo. Only a few more sleeps.

Any last questions?

Feel free to wrangle other friends etc. If you have not contributed to the Sat night feast (food allocation) thread please do.

Weather looks like it blows up Sat afternoon but whatever. This will prob lead me to enjoy a beer at camp. Worse ways to spend Saturday!

4 hours ago, Angus said:

Woo hoo. Only a few more sleeps.

Any last questions?

Feel free to wrangle other friends etc. If you have not contributed to the Sat night feast (food allocation) thread please do.

Weather looks like it blows up Sat afternoon but whatever. This will prob lead me to enjoy a beer at camp. Worse ways to spend Saturday!

Yeah, based on the weather I'm not even going to attempt the SPB on Sunday and will spend my weekend inside the bay, with plenty of options to explore. Given an early start Saturday morning, if the weather is that bad I'll be sure to join you @Angus.

To the people heading across Friday, what time do you think you'll be venturing out Saturday morning? @Drop Bear and I are meeting at Victoria Point at 5-5:30, so will probably just head straight across to Blakelsey's, be there by 6(?) Hopefully just drop some gear off, say g'day and head back out again. Will people be there, or how do we know which camp is ours?

Any word on the fire ban yet?

I've just checked the weather forecast and also had a chat with Mark and Saturday night we may have a bit of wind and rain hanging around.

I also checked the tide charts and we have a dark moon with spring tides  so cooking on the beach there is going to be out of the question as well.

We both think that a BBQ would now be the better option for Saturday night's dinner.

We always set up a big tarp to sit and eat under so if we do get a shower of rain we can still have a big cook up using the BBQ.

What does everyone think of this idea ?

With the fireban happening, some wind and possible rain and extremely dry bush land around us I think it would be far safer to go the BBQ option.

1 minute ago, aussie123 said:

I've just checked the weather forecast and also had a chat with Mark and Saturday night we may have a bit of wind and rain hanging around.

I also checked the tide charts and we have a dark moon with spring tides  so cooking on the beach there is going to be out of the question as well.

We both think that a BBQ would now be the better option for Saturday night's dinner.

We always set up a big tarp to sit and eat under so if we do get a shower of rain we can still have a big cook up using the BBQ.

What does everyone think of this idea ?

With the fireban happening, some wind and possible rain and extremely dry bush land around us I think it would be far safer to go the BBQ option.

How does this effect the food allocations?

BBQ is fine with me we will just need to let everyone know what to bring.

Angus

We still still need salads and desserts so that won't change.

We won't need the vegies that were going to be roasted on the fire or the roast meats.

Maybe if everyone brings their own BBQ meat to throw on the BBQ or maybe anyone who is not bringing anything yet could throw in some meat.

That I will leave for everyone to discuss.

I am happy to grab a couple of kg of mince as well to make some rissoles.

Maybe someone who is coming over on Sat can bring some fresh bread and rolls.

22 minutes ago, aussie123 said:

We still still need salads and desserts so that won't change.

We won't need the vegies that were going to be roasted on the fire or the roast meats.

Maybe if everyone brings their own BBQ meat to throw on the BBQ or maybe anyone who is not bringing anything yet could throw in some meat.

That I will leave for everyone to discuss.

I am happy to grab a couple of kg of mince as well to make some rissoles.

Maybe someone who is coming over on Sat can bring some fresh bread and rolls.

I will still do my beet root salad then as that will go well with near everything.

I will chuck in a couple of steaks for Tony and myself.

Archived