Fabrication Of Bow Mount Plate On Tinnie

Panther

13 minutes ago, hawaiian01 said:

the electric motors steering

I have a 65lb leccy on my 4.3. metre stessco so I can't say I notice anything negative steering-wise. I am sure there is some truth to what you heard but not an issue if you have adequate power. I have a mate who had a 40lb minn kota on a 5.2m and it struggled in anything but the smoothest water and wind. It was mounted to the side as well. Come to think of it I have not seen any mounted right in the centre?

I have to add that I have only used my watersnake twice - went out on the weekend and there was no motion at all - looks like a warranty claim coming up - 🙄

• 4 years later...
On 7/21/2018 at 7:20 PM, Panther said:

It's been ages since I started this topic but I thought I should update as the subject is regularly of interest to tinnie owners. 

So I originally contacted Jared who advertised through the link that @Doyley posted. I contacted him back in late 2016/ early 2017 and he was out of materials and I was to get back to him a few weeks later. A combination of procrastination at my end & timing meant this job fell by the wayside until I contacted Jared early this week and we organized the work to be done this morning. 

I was not disappointed. For $220 I got a seriously professional job. Can't fault a thing - he is a boat builder by trade, for one of, if not THE, most popular tinnie group of companies. Highly recommended. All that is left to do now is a paint job. 

20180721_120440.thumb.jpg.f47d82ef89ec2f9847a5510067dcaa10.jpg

Thanks to all for their recommendations and suggestions 18 months ago now!!

Now it's time to look into a bow mount motor!!!

Hi Panther,

Did you happen to get any photos of the install progress? I wanted to see if they had to grind the small lip down where the gunnel rail meets the top plate to get the bracket plate to sit flat.

Hey @Balkey81, I got the same bloke @Panther used to fit my plate, he did a good job & I know what you are asking in regards to grinding down the top of the coping to sit flush with the deck, he did remove a little bit of the coping at the top so the plate sits on top of the existing deck, I dont have any progress pics but heres a pic of the finished result

20191205_164643_IMG_3255.thumb.JPG.61f1a317b3fa8a79c498fbd3537138c4.JPG