Hervey Bay Bound

Cody

Ive decided to bite the bullet and take the new boat up to hervey bay for a few days chasing some mackeral and reefies. Particularly want to target some more big broad bar macks on my new certate 2500. Ive also heard some reports that the whiting  are aggressively  taking poppers there atm, and catches of 100+ fish a session are common.  just hope these northerly winds abate a bit and the queenfish also want to play ball.. possibly have a deckie spot availa le if anyone has a few days off work if interested..

2 hours ago, sax said:

Hi @Cody 
When are you heading up? 
I am planning on being there for 5 days sometime around new years and just after.
I will be in my little tinnie. Planning to camp on Woody Island and around Fraser.

Would be good to meet up if you are about

Im heading up on the 30th till the 5th sax

I am up here at Hervey Bay for the next 3 weeks ,it's been northerly the last couple of days but the mackerel are out at the fairway beacon and I have gotten a couple of spottier around big woodie island . Tuna are busting up early then become flighty . See you up here maybe I am in a maroon bluefin see you around ...Matty 

Archived