Xmas Smoking

rayke1938

Busy day ahead.

I started up the smoker at 4.30 am and have the following sitting in the brine buckets.

12kg of drumsticks.

15kg of breasts

plus 2 X 3kg rolls of pork loin.

I do not bother with doing whole chooks and pigs any more too much work dressing out the pig and too much waste with the whole chooks.

The drumsticks and breasts will used for xmas pressies and frozen for later use.

I love smoked chicken sangas when fishing and the drumsticks go well with a coldie.

DSCN0660 (640x480).jpg

First batch.

DSCN0661.JPG

First taste bit early to have a beer with it now.

Cheers

Ray

Hot smoker from Aldi havent used my big one for a few years since I stopped doing my own pigs. it was too much trouble and took up too much freezer space as it used to take us 6 months to eat all the ham and bacon.

I was cryovacing this morning and had finished the hams and drumsticks and realized I had not taken any more photos so here are the breasts before cryovacing. Aprox 30 litres of breasts all done now so time for a beer.

Cheers

Ray.

DSCN0676.JPG

DSCN0675 (640x480).jpg

57 minutes ago, rayke1938 said:

Hot smoker from Aldi havent used my big one for a few years since I stopped doing my own pigs. it was too much trouble and took up too much freezer space as it used to take us 6 months to eat all the ham and bacon.

I was cryovacing this morning and had finished the hams and drumsticks and realized I had not taken any more photos so here are the breasts before cryovacing. Aprox 30 litres of breasts all done now so time for a beer.

Cheers

Ray.

DSCN0676.JPG

DSCN0675 (640x480).jpg

You are my Christmas celebrity...

Nice. I've been using black wattle for chicken - love the Aussie native timbers for smoking. Just trimmed a few trees up at mums as well, going to run a few through the chipper to see how they go. Have cedar wattle, blackbutt, tallowwood and brushbox. Fruit tree pruning season is good too!

Archived