Carp Fishing Brisbane

judthesizzler

On 12/27/2016 at 6:34 AM, Angus said:

Apprently corn?

I have fished bread for them at carindale but turtles are a problem. Worms work well for tilapia there though.

Angus

A guy I know fishes for them in the Albert quite often, he uses corn too. However between October and November is when the mulberry plants start to fruit, during this period he swears by mulberries, and even uses plastics that look like mulberries.

• 1 year later...

No luck unfortunately.

Not sure if it was me or the corn... I've not caught one fish since moving to QLD 3 months ago.  (Someone hook me up)

Plenty Carp in there though as I could see them from the bridge but also plenty of turtles and ducks. Also had a snake scare the crapola out of me swimming through the water right my way.

Tight lines guys!!

13 minutes ago, Rus_tay said:

No luck unfortunately.

Not sure if it was me or the corn... I've not caught one fish since moving to QLD 3 months ago.  (Someone hook me up)

Plenty Carp in there though as I could see them from the bridge but also plenty of turtles and ducks. Also had a snake scare the crapola out of me swimming through the water right my way.

Tight lines guys!!

I have had this happen where they are thick but don't seem to be feeding. 

If there are ducks I have found in the past that carp (and tillies) are often in preference of bread. They just get used to the ducks left overs I guess.

Angus

21 minutes ago, Angus said:

I have had this happen where they are thick but don't seem to be feeding. 

If there are ducks I have found in the past that carp (and tillies) are often in preference of bread. They just get used to the ducks left overs I guess.

Angus

Cheers Mate. Any suggestions on how I can get hooked up this weekend? Don't own a boat or Yak.

Just wanna catch a fish and have some fun

46 minutes ago, Rus_tay said:

Anything mate. Just want some fun and excitement.

Not always easy for anyone even when they have the knowledge mate.

Lots of land based options though... have a search of the forum...

Land based Brisbane River bream, flatties cod.

Land based whiting lota.

Bass north pine and lake k

Flatties land based under the hornibrook bridge

Tilapia and carp bulimba creek

Even fishing plastics around manly harbour.

All viable options but nothing is or ever is guaranteed.

4 hours ago, Rus_tay said:

Anything mate. Just want some fun and excitement.

what area are you in? There are lots of Tilapia caught around capalaba and many other spots.

This weekend is the AFO social so most people, including me, are heading to the gold coast camping on the boats. Next weekend should be better. 

Also keep an eye out for decky spots on the site. Some to North Pine Dam are awesome and many others too.

23 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

what area are you in? There are lots of Tilapia caught around capalaba and many other spots.

This weekend is the AFO social so most people, including me, are heading to the gold coast camping on the boats. Next weekend should be better. 

Also keep an eye out for decky spots on the site. Some to North Pine Dam are awesome and many others too.

In Kangaroo point mate. work on the south side and can get anywhere to wet a line.

Cheers for the suggestions!!

1 minute ago, Drop Bear said:

Ok they are catching a stack of Tilapia behind the Greyhound track at Capalaba. Use bread or worms. Bit of fun. Remember not to throw the fish back as you have to kill them because they are a noxious fish. 

Have fun

Hahaha yeah id never let these buggers go!! I remember growing up and pulling 20 or 30 carp out of rivers a day.

Cheers guys.

1 hour ago, Rus_tay said:

In Kangaroo point mate. work on the south side and can get anywhere to wet a line.

Cheers for the suggestions!!

My mate catches a lot of bream and cod walking the bike path around KP. i have joined him a few times. Just cast parallel to the rock walls and around hr pontoons and pilons. Little bream lures 40cm to 60cm work a treat. The walk opposite botanical gardens before you hit the cliffs is gold.

This is almost needing another thread now.

On 19/01/2018 at 3:17 PM, Angus said:

My mate catches a lot of bream and cod walking the bike path around KP. i have joined him a few times. Just cast parallel to the rock walls and around hr pontoons and pilons. Little bream lures 40cm to 60cm work a treat. The walk opposite botanical gardens before you hit the cliffs is gold.

This is almost needing another thread now.

40-60cm bream lures... so that’s where. I’ve been going wrong, using lures that are way too small!!! :fishing2:

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, ErinGoBrach said:

Hey Rus_Tay

Any Luck with the carp mate, Im in the same boat, havent fished in years but keen to get some big Carp on the end of a rod, hoping to try the Albert tonight on sme sweetcorn from the bank

Nah no luck but have not been back for another try. I went down to Redlands bay on the weekend and caught a couple little Bream and Striped Grunters. Nothing to write home to mum about but I finally caught a fish in Queensland.

I've now caught a crab, piked eel, 2 bream and 2 striped grunters.

Would love to get involved with some serious fishing but don't know too many people up here nor where the good places are. I tried down at Pinkenba the other night but heap of snags in the river.

7 hours ago, Rus_tay said:

Nah no luck but have not been back for another try. I went down to Redlands bay on the weekend and caught a couple little Bream and Striped Grunters. Nothing to write home to mum about but I finally caught a fish in Queensland.

I've now caught a crab, piked eel, 2 bream and 2 striped grunters.

Would love to get involved with some serious fishing but don't know too many people up here nor where the good places are. I tried down at Pinkenba the other night but heap of snags in the river.

Mate keep a keen look out for any decky spots posted up on here. there are some great skippers and it's reallllly worth doing. 

• 7 months later...

Hey guys finally got my ass into gear and got back out on the Albert. Got myself a Kayak to try some ares a little further up river, no luck in the lower reaches but have finally found a few carp above the weir. Good sizes too. All dead and buried  so i will be heading back to get hooked into a few more. Great fun and great fight out of them too as i expected. Any one keen to join me for a few carp??

Carp.jpg