Weyba Creek Flathead

Angus

Headed out with the old man at Noosa today. Hardest part was finding somewhere without 10k people.

Anyway went up Weyba creek as its to shallow for most boats which proved a good idea. 6 flathead for me and one for dad. All on 3 inch skin blue armor shads.

Angus

20161229_123130.jpg

20161229_095202.jpg

Weyba is always good for some flatties!!
Have lost some good size fish in there!! I believe theres a resident cod under the bridge!! And have heard of some pretty good size Jacks in there!!

every time i fished was only on light gear hence losing the bigger fish, just couldnt stop them.. could never get them to take a lure on the heravier setup! Murphys law i guess :lol:

Happy new year and tighe lines!
Dan

On 12/30/2016 at 3:18 PM, Cody said:

Did u try surface for whiting in there angus?

I had no luck with @Angus but I went back the next day and got a nice bream and a stack of follows/swipes. Most of the swipes where when I paused and let the little popper sit still. I also picked up a cruising sandcrab that was yummy. I had to pin it down with the but of the rod and sadly the reel got a bit wet... and is in bad shape now. Time to pull it apart and lube it up and hopefully it wont be too corroded. 

13 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

I I had to pin it down with the but of the rod and sadly the reel got a bit wet... and is in bad shape now. Time to pull it apart and lube it up and hopefully it wont be too corroded. 

alvey, the only reel designed to be soaked and washed off in saltwater :ausflag:

13 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

I had no luck with @Angus but I went back the next day and got a nice bream and a stack of follows/swipes. Most of the swipes where when I paused and let the little popper sit still. I also picked up a cruising sandcrab that was yummy. I had to pin it down with the but of the rod and sadly the reel got a bit wet... and is in bad shape now. Time to pull it apart and lube it up and hopefully it wont be too corroded. 

Oh dear. 

1 hour ago, Drop Bear said:

I love bait fishing with an alvey... its a tough days fishing throwing surface lures that only weigh a few grams with an alvey. Perhaps I should give it more of a go :)

best not, the results will not improve, heavy slugs work and so will the hand doing the winding :lol:

Archived