Madmic's Fish Of The Month - January

Madmic

Hi Everyone,

We are near the end of the silly season and I'm hoping that this month's fish will be just what's needed to get the year started with a bang!

They are a species that certainly can sort the men form the boys that's for sure. I will definitely be trying to get one of these on my brag mat too this month :) 

Lock up those drags and good luck all :)

FOTM Entries - January 2017

The Fish Of The Month for January is: Mangrove Jack

How to submit Entries:- Entries must be received by 8pm on the last day of each month. Entries must be in the format shown below (a good idea would be to copy and paste and then fill out for your catch).

Angler:

Species:

Where Caught: (location eg Bretts Wharf or Indooroopilly Bridge etc)

When:

Size: Length (overall) (please note a clearly discernible measuring device must be evident). We realize this will be challenging with a big spanish for example but do your best :)

Weight: if possible

Photo: Attach photo by browsing and finding the photo/s and then when finished writing your entry hit submit and the image will automatically be included.

Unique Item: A number that can be shown on a written card, display of fingers etc:

The Unique Signal for this competition is 

" 9 " Either with fingers or printed number

Caption/Catch Report: (In the interest of fostering knowledge any little tid bits may be appreciated by the readers)

Bragging Rights: Bragging rights will be available to a potential 3 anglers... 

1. Largest Fish Caught On Bait

2. Largest Fish Caught On Lure

3. Largest Fish Caught Land Based

I'll kick things off with my first fish of 2017. I know this entry won't count but I'll share it anyway...

Caught with a zman minnow on 16lb braid and leader with a Nordic Stage Cheater and 3000 size reel.

Caught on low tide in the GC canals with a howling northerly. It's actually my first jack on a soft plastic! Fish was released.

Ian

IMG_1170.JPG

IMG_1176.JPG

My deckie got one tonight and I dropped one. Pulled the hooks.

People say do the drag up tight, so I did. i don't know about that tactic though... i would prefer to lose a few to busting off than dropping fish from pulling hooks.

Caught trolling a hardbody.

IMG_0819.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

Hey guys got this little fella 2 weeks ago. Was gonna try and better it but I haven't had the chance to get out for a fish. Maybe this weekend if I'm lucky. 

Anyway i got this one in caloundra while yaking one of my local creeks. 

The lucky craft g-splash doing the deed as usual. #tagandrelease :)

image.jpg

G'day Everyone,

I picked up 8 pups from the GC canals in my kayak.

IMG_1378.JPG

IMG_1364.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

6 with the Luck Craft G-Splash and 2 with the Imakatsu Wasp.

IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1343.PNG

As for the size and weight, I won't be winning any prizes here..

I was stitched up by a good one as she wrapped me around a crab pot rope next to the pontoon. As I got closer, I could see her and the lure snagged on the rope a foot below the surface. As I went to net her, she got off. At least I got my favourite lure back.

Ian

Hi everyone,

It was great to see a few entries in this month with some nice fish and pictures shared and entered so thanks to all involved :)

Now down to business

@timtam_ takes out the land based category with his 35ish cm Jack

IMG_0041.JPG

And bad luck to @sax who was edged out with only a few days to go by @fergie with a 37ish cm Jack in the Boat Lure category.

image.jpg

Well done to all and I'll be in touch guys :1310_thumbsup_tone1::)

Madmic

Archived