WTB Casting net

boon

With a drag net you need 2 people. One walks along the bank holding one end and the other wades out up to his neck and drags along the other end whilst stepping on stone fish and getting his legs nibbled by sharks and leather handbags it you are up north.

Tip always get the other bloke to take the deep end.

Ray

When I used to fish the croc infested waters of Central Queensland we'd use a drag net for livies. Dad would have me walking the bank and he'd be in the boat. Same spot we used to do this our boat got attacked by what was probably a crock one night. Cast netting is a lot safer up there.

That was a good 15 years ago we used to do that so the laws might have changed. My mate came ashore with me one day and we were waling the net along and heard some bird noises in the bushes. My mate started freaking out when I told him it was the noise baby crocodiles make when they're hatching. ha ha. I told him we'd be screwed if mummy came home and found us near their nest. So he started crying from fear. I was suck a jerk. :unsure: Gave in and told him It was just birds.

Archived