Hey Everyone

Danny91

15 minutes ago, Danny91 said:

Any tips on what size jig head and type of sp to use when chasing flathead? 

Hi Danny, 

I love to catch bream with a #8 short shank hook and bread on the Goldie. No sinker just tied straight to the main line. 

@Angus will be more specific but until he shows up use as light a jighead as possible. a 1/8 is good then a 4inch SP.

make sure you pause a lot. Many fish will take them when they are sitting still and try not to be too aggressive with your retrieve. Just enough of a jig to get it off the bottom then let is sit for a sec. 

7 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Nope? what one?

I think it's classed as oxenford but a lot call it Coomera wier, I'll have a see if I can get you a street name so you can put it in your gps, you should try there some time if you like to chase bream, I've seen a few people pull out some decent size 

11 hours ago, Danny91 said:

I think it's classed as oxenford but a lot call it Coomera wier, I'll have a see if I can get you a street name so you can put it in your gps, you should try there some time if you like to chase bream, I've seen a few people pull out some decent size 

Trevs jacks and tarpon get caught there as well. 

I like even lighter jig heads if the fish are fussy. 1/16th etc. Although flatties are not usually fussy enough to worry and 1/8th will be fine.

There are a lot of other considerations with plastics though. Make sure you are using a good leader line, have a rod suitable to working plastics etc. 

All these little things add up.

Angus

@Danielle hey Danielle thanks for the welcome, Coomera wier is a good fishing spot if you can get there when it's empty, usually best early morning or late afternoon 4 o'clock onwards... Really good for for mangrove jacks if your going to do the FOTM comp. maybe my wife and I wil see you there some time this weekend. Happy fishing. 

Archived