Short Session At Wello

Do$tylz

Hey all,

It's been months since I've wet a line. In fact it was my last trip with Angus and Boydy to 1770.

I had the Christmas break off and got the nod from the Mrs to head out for a quick morning session. I finally got to test out the new skeleton grip sharpy as well which was awesome.

Fishing Wello at low tide over sunrise is something that I've had a few goes at and it is now my go to landbased session when the wind, tide and effort matches. Topwater is pretty much the only thing I throw and this session I didn't get my usual haul of bream. Only got 1 small whiting, a 42cm flatty and a 46cm.

The little whiting which is a first for that spot for me.

This 42cm flattie full cleared the water when he hit. He was right in line with the sun and had turned side on so I didn't get a good look at him and called it for a pike. He kept his fight low which I thought was a bit odd... was pleasantly surprised to see the flattie come up.

Then the 46 hit the lure on a short pause. It's amazing how load flatties are when they hit surface lures. Kept this one for a feed and it was delicious.

20161230_051354.jpg

20161230_054222.jpg

20161230_061110.jpg

Surface fishing with light gear is so fun. I find it much more enjoyable than say plastics even if you don't catch anything. It must just be the visual aspect of seeing the lure. Still yet to do a session in the shallows for flatties. Only tried deeper water in canals for bream and trevally. 

Archived