Big fish in the South Pine

Dec

On saterday went to the pine arrived at about 6:30 in the mornin. We lanched behing strathpine westfeild. Started making our way up stream fishing the usual spots with not much luck a couple of bream and flathead. We arrived at one of our most productive spot a small island my first flick i hooked what i thought would be a good flathead then it realised it was hooked and off it went peeling off drag within 5 or so seconds there were huge swirls and we were watching my line going round and round a mangrove and pop the leader wore through. The whole leader and some of the braid was frayed. Flicked around there for a while only a couple of pike. Next we moved to a rock in the middle of the river only visible at low tide. First flick with a little hb i was smashed again hands on the spool couldnt stop it went up to the rock and i watched it swim round it then again the leader wore through. After this we went back up the river with only a couple of bream and cod. A weird thing that happend is i got a little bully chase onre of my bream to the boat. After that we went home.

Next time i fish the pine i am fishing with bigger gear.

Archived